Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Multiblock structure articles merged with single blocks of the same name

5 replies to this topic

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

So things like the Witchery Altar or the one from Ars Magica have a single article for both the multiblock structure and the block of the same name, should these be separated into two articles with a disambig page? Should the multiblock structure just keep the name while the block just have (Block) added to the end of the name. Or should we leave them as they are?

http://ftbwiki.org/Altar

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

If the structure is made of a single block type that can be used only to build that one structure (e. g. Coke Oven from Railcraft), I'd be fine with merging the block and the structure. If the block is used for more than one structure (e. g. GregTech's machine casings or whatever they were called), then I think it should have its own article.

• Aezex likes this

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

Well that covers Witchery's altar but what if a structure is made of multiple blocks but one of the blocks it is made from is named the same as the structure?

Like in Ars Magica.

player.me/felinoel

dgelessus

dgelessus

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1424 posts
  • IGN:dgelessus
  • Modpack:FTB Tech World 2

I've never used Ars Magica, so I have no idea what the multiblock structures there are. But my point is that if a block is used for more than one multiblock structure, it should definitely have its own article. Otherwise I think it's okay if the blocks are also listed on the same page as the structure that they are used for.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts

I've never used Ars Magica, so I have no idea what the multiblock structures there are. But my point is that if a block is used for more than one multiblock structure, it should definitely have its own article. Otherwise I think it's okay if the blocks are also listed on the same page as the structure that they are used for.

Well like in Ars Magica, FullThrottle Alchemist also has a single block called what the multiblock structure it makes is called.

The Atelier is a single block, but without a cauldron and six bookshelves positioned correctly it is useless.

Which is the same for the Ars Magica altar block, without the other blocks that form the multiblock structure the single block called an altar is useless.

• Aezex likes this
player.me/felinoel

Antillar

Antillar

• Retired Staff
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • IGN:Antillar
  • Modpack:Private Pack
In Thaumic Exploration there is a multiblock called Think Tank and a block named the same. I placed both on one page, you can see how

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users