Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Broken recipes for Hiveacynth, Beegonia, Hibeescus, and Apiary Booster

extra bees botania

1 reply to this topic

BoShek

BoShek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

I've been having some issues lately (enough in fact to create this account!) with the recipes for hiveacynth, beegonia, hibeescus, and apiary booster. After much reading, I found the root ( ;)) of the problem.

I hadn't played any of the earlier versions of Botania so I was unaware, but apparently in the latest Botania update "mana petals" was an item that was removed from the game. Unfortunately, the recipes for these items required mana petals. I think what happened was the meta data for mana petals started with 51 but since there removal, they cannot be found so instead the recipe contains fire aka minecraft:fire 51. This item is kind of the worst to deal with since it isn't something normally attainable.

With some dinking around I learned that if you use the uncrafting table from Twilight Forest you can acquire fire from Chain armor. I went into creative mode to test out this theory. Sure enough it works, but I wasn't thinking about how to use the Apothecary. When I went to throw the fire in, the Apothecary wouldn't pick it up. Duh! Whoops. That wasn't going to work.

Then I started reading more about solutions, eventually I came across a suggestion to use Minetweaker to write scripts to adjust the recipes. Awesome, I thought, I loved the little bit of coding I did in college and was excited to learn how to write scripts. With no great sources besides the Minetweaker wiki, I tried my best to figure out how to write the code. But, without much difficulty, I actually found a script that resolved this very problem—changing fire to a much more reasonable resource to acquire (and one that the apothecary can actually pick up), mana powder.

Here is the code I found:

//Imports

import mods.botania.Apothecary;
import mods.botania.Lexicon;

//Variables
val hiveacynth = <Botania:specialFlower>.withTag({type: "hiveacynth"});
val beegonia = <Botania:specialFlower>.withTag({type: "beegonia"});
val hibeescus = <Botania:specialFlower>.withTag({type: "hibeescus"});
val apiaryBooster = <MagicBees:manaAuraProvider>;

val petalWhite = <Botania:petal>;
val petalOrange = <Botania:petal:1>;
val petalMagenta = <Botania:petal:2>;
val petalLightBlue = <Botania:petal:3>;
val petalYellow = <Botania:petal:4>;
val petalCyan = <Botania:petal:9>;
val petalPurple = <Botania:petal:10>;
val petalBlue = <Botania:petal:11>;
val petalBrown = <Botania:petal:12>;
val petalRed = <Botania:petal:14>;
val petalBlack = <Botania:petal:15>;

val manaPowder = <Botania:manaResource:23>;
val redstoneRoot = <Botania:manaResource:6>;
val livingrock = <Botania:livingrock:*>;
val ingotManaSteel = <Botania:manaResource>;
val unusualPollen = <MagicBees:pollen>;

val runeAir = <Botania:rune:3>;
val runeSummer = <Botania:rune:5>;
val runeGreed = <Botania:rune:11>;
val runeEnvy = <Botania:rune:14>;
val runePride = <Botania:rune:15>;

//Update Beegonia Recipe
Apothecary.removeRecipe("beegonia");
Apothecary.addRecipe("beegonia", [petalWhite, petalWhite, petalYellow, petalYellow, petalYellow, manaPowder, manaPowder]);

//Update Hibeescus Recipe
Apothecary.removeRecipe("hibeescus");
Apothecary.addRecipe("hibeescus", [petalOrange, petalOrange, petalMagenta, petalMagenta, petalMagenta, petalMagenta, petalRed, petalPurple, manaPowder, manaPowder, runeAir, runeSummer, runeEnvy, runeGreed, runePride, redstoneRoot]);

//Update Hiveacynth Recipe
Apothecary.removeRecipe("hiveacynth");
Apothecary.addRecipe("hiveacynth", [petalLightBlue, petalCyan, petalCyan, petalBlue, petalBlue, manaPowder, manaPowder, manaPowder, redstoneRoot]);

//Update Mana Apiary Booster recipe
recipes.remove(apiaryBooster);
recipes.addShaped(apiaryBooster, [[manaPowder, livingrock, manaPowder], [unusualPollen, ingotManaSteel, unusualPollen], [livingrock, livingrock, livingrock]]);

I got tons of errors:

ERROR: ?:2 > No such member: botania
ERROR ?:2 > Not a valid type
ERROR: magicbeestemp.zs:3 > No such member: botania
ERROR: magicbeestemp.zs:3 > Not a valid type
ERROR: magicbeestemp.zs:36 > could not find Apothecary
ERROR: magicbeestemp.zs:37 > could not find Apothecary
ERROR: Error executing magicbeestemp.zs: 1

I tried different syntax for the next couple hours only to come across a very annoying fact. The Minetweaker wiki has both Minetweaker 2 and Minetweaker 3 information. Things changed every so slightly between versions, but the main issue was that Botania is no longer supporting in Minetweaker 3. Dang it! I can't change apothecary recipes.

So, I tried to write some regular (crafting table) crafting recipes to craft these things. The code is this:

val hiveacynth = <Botania:specialFlower>.withTag({type: "hiveacynth"});
val beegonia = <Botania:specialFlower>.withTag({type: "beegonia"});
val hibeescus = <Botania:specialFlower>.withTag({type: "hibeescus"});
val apiaryBooster = <MagicBees:manaAuraProvider>;

val petalWhite = <Botania:petal>;
val petalOrange = <Botania:petal:1>;
val petalMagenta = <Botania:petal:2>;
val petalLightBlue = <Botania:petal:3>;
val petalYellow = <Botania:petal:4>;
val petalCyan = <Botania:petal:9>;
val petalPurple = <Botania:petal:10>;
val petalBlue = <Botania:petal:11>;
val petalBrown = <Botania:petal:12>;
val petalRed = <Botania:petal:14>;
val petalBlack = <Botania:petal:15>;

val manaPowder = <Botania:manaResource:23>;
val redstoneRoot = <Botania:manaResource:6>;
val livingrock = <Botania:livingrock:*>;
val ingotManaSteel = <Botania:manaResource>;
val unusualPollen = <MagicBees:pollen>;

val runeAir = <Botania:rune:3>;
val runeSummer = <Botania:rune:5>;
val runeGreed = <Botania:rune:11>;
val runeEnvy = <Botania:rune:14>;
val runePride = <Botania:rune:15>;

recipes.addShapeless("beegonia", [petalWhite, petalWhite, petalYellow, petalYellow, petalYellow, manaPowder, manaPowder]);
recipes.addShapeless("hibeescus", [petalOrange, petalOrange, petalMagenta, petalMagenta, petalMagenta, petalMagenta, petalRed, petalPurple, manaPowder, manaPowder, runeAir, runeSummer, runeEnvy, runeGreed, runePride, redstoneRoot]);
recipes.addShapeless("hiveacynth", [petalLightBlue, petalCyan, petalCyan, petalBlue, petalBlue, manaPowder, manaPowder, manaPowder, redstoneRoot]);
recipes.remove(apiaryBooster);

recipes.addShaped(apiaryBooster, [[manaPowder, livingrock, manaPowder], [unusualPollen, ingotManaSteel, unusualPollen], [livingrock, livingrock, livingrock]]);

I keep getting this error for those recipes: (working file is called fire.zs)

ERROR: fire.zs:30 > a method available but none matches the parameters (string, minetweaker.itemIIngredient[]

ERROR: fire.zs:30 > a method available but none matches the parameters (string, minetweaker.itemIIngredient[]

Well, I didn't want to come to this, but since I can't craft it, what if I just cheat? I am playing on a multiplayer server and have access to the console. The problem is that Vazkii has made everything have the most complicated metadata. Every attempt to /give myself one of these flowers has ended with an error message flower. I have scoured the internet for a more thorough list of the id names for the flowers and I have not found any. I know all of these are under botania:specialFlower but the rest of the name I can't seem to be able to figure out how to summon it since Vazkii doesn't use metadata values that are convenient enough for the layman. I really just want the be able to craft them, but I have no choice.

I have a billion, billion bees and I just want a beegonia to use them.

Ugh, I feel like I am out of options, any help please?

SirPersonJr

SirPersonJr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 72 posts
  • IGN:SirPersonJr
  • Modpack:Private Pack

It looks like the error is happening because it doesn't support the Apothecary recipes. However, the mod ModTweaker is an addon to MineTweaker that adds Botania support. If you don't have it, you probably need it.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: extra bees, botania

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users