Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

About Soul Cage Creeper Spawners...

Soul Shard Creepers

Best Answer digitallyApocalyptic , 13 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Neither of those are correct in terms of requirements for the shard level. The tutorials you've seen most likely utilize a trick where you can spawn in a Tier 5 soul shard via NEI, then kill one mob to assign the mob to that soul shard without needing to kill dozens of mobs to get a working soul shard for demonstrations.

You do not have to have a specific tier for creepers, but it does have to be at least tier 1, which require 64 souls, as tier 0 shards (0-63 souls) will simply not function. Beware that when you put a soul shard in a soul cage, the amount of souls is rounded down to the nearest power of two, so if you had, say, 763 souls, it would be rounded down to 512 souls, and if you put a soul shard with 63 souls in a soul cage, you would most likely lose all of the souls in that shard if the soul shard even managed to enter the cage properly.

Soul Cages will work in any location so long as there is a solid block for the creepers to spawn on top of or a solid wall for them to spawn against. This is true for pretty much all hostile mobs, whereas with docile mobs, they require a block to spawn on top of (which might have to be grass? not sure, haven't tested) and can only spawn against walls if the shard is at tier 5.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

So I'm trying to make a creeper spawner, but there seems to be some misinformation about what you need to do to make it. On the Soul Shard thread, it seems you need to have a certain level shard for creepers, yet I've seen Youtube tutorials where the guy kills 1 creeper and they will still spawn fine. Also, will a Soul Cage work underwater?

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

Neither of those are correct in terms of requirements for the shard level. The tutorials you've seen most likely utilize a trick where you can spawn in a Tier 5 soul shard via NEI, then kill one mob to assign the mob to that soul shard without needing to kill dozens of mobs to get a working soul shard for demonstrations.

You do not have to have a specific tier for creepers, but it does have to be at least tier 1, which require 64 souls, as tier 0 shards (0-63 souls) will simply not function. Beware that when you put a soul shard in a soul cage, the amount of souls is rounded down to the nearest power of two, so if you had, say, 763 souls, it would be rounded down to 512 souls, and if you put a soul shard with 63 souls in a soul cage, you would most likely lose all of the souls in that shard if the soul shard even managed to enter the cage properly.

Soul Cages will work in any location so long as there is a solid block for the creepers to spawn on top of or a solid wall for them to spawn against. This is true for pretty much all hostile mobs, whereas with docile mobs, they require a block to spawn on top of (which might have to be grass? not sure, haven't tested) and can only spawn against walls if the shard is at tier 5.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users