Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Client-side Crash Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

thedude8484

thedude8484

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
I received this crash report:

Spoiler

The server is fine, but I can't reconnect without putting myself back into the Overworld.  Any idea how to get access to the other Mystcraft age that causes me to crash without losing it?

Edited by ViperSRT3g, 15 April 2013 - 08:17 PM.
Spoilerized

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Please try to keep crash reports inside spoilers:

Spoiler

Could you please also give more detailed information about what you were doing before you had your first crash, and see if any other players get the crash?

Thanks!

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

thedude8484

thedude8484

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

It crashes whenever I use the book that leads to a Void world I have.  The Void world has a large building it it, a large multi-tank from Xycraft, a couple hundred Magmatic Engines and some Redstone Energy Circuits/Cells.  When I installed all of that, it was fine.  I left for a few hours, used the book to get back and then crashed.  From then on, going to that world crashes my game.  Logging in while already in that world also crashes my game.  The server does not crash, and I can use an editor to move my character back to the regular world and then play just fine.  However, I would like access to that world again.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Could you try moving everything in that age to another age? Then we can see whether it's that actual age or something in that age.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

thedude8484

thedude8484

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

What tools can I use for that?  I have MCEdit, but it wont access MystCraft worlds or load any of the FTB items.  :(

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

What you can do is create a Mystcraft Age with the same parameters as the one which you crash upon entering (assuming that it is stable), then move the world files from your old age to the new one. You'll need the world IDs of the old and new Mystcraft Ages. Simply copy the entirety of the contents of the one folder in the current Mystcraft Age which you can't enter into the new Mystcraft Folder.

Mystcraft Ages are stored in folders under {FTB INSTALL DIRECTORY HERE}/ultimate/minecraft/saves/{SAVE NAME HERE}/DIM_MYST{AGE ID HERE}. If your old Age has an ID of, let's say, 17 and your new one has an ID of 34, you would copy the information from DIM_MYST17 to DIM_MYST34, removing the contents of DIM_MYST34 before copying. That should ascertain whether or not something in the age is the problem or whether it's just the directory that's bugged.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users