Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Automated storage and retrieval system

Best Answer Iamtk421 , 16 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

I just remembered I saw something similar on a tekkit server I played on, but it was using retrievulators (not retrievers) from tubestuff, but that's not in mindcrack.

Edit: looks like they'd do exactly what I want... I might have to either add tubestuff or transfer my world to FTB ultimate.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to improve my storage system. I've previously used redpower sorting machines to sort to chests, but with lots of resources it is a bit awkward.

I decided to try to set up a backend storage area using Barrels, and then have a frontend wall of chests in my base kept stocked to set levels using various machines.

Unfortunately:

• Managers seem to only work in pairs and can't take out of unmanaged inventory,
  • I just couldn't get regulators to work properly,
  • A retriever would just pull all inventory from the barrels stack at a time and then jam immediately,
  • I've no idea how the gregtech advanced retriever is supposed to work.

Does anyone know a good way of setting this up?

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Do you want this system to be able to take things out as well as in?

I've heard the Router + Barrels does the job well.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

I'd like to be able to put stuff into an enderchest, have the system extract it and store it in barrels, then also have it extract from these barrels and keep a selection of chests beside my crafting/machine area topped off with a selection of items.

I've got the barrel storage part working fine, but the retrieval system is a headache.

Ultimately it'd be nice if the contents of the enderchest were managed so I can for example put mined materials etc into an ender pouch and they'll be automatically taken out and stored, while one stack of food etc is automatically kept topped up. Hell, it'd even then be possible for me to pop my discharged mining laser into the pouch and have the system take it out, charge it and put it back in for me to continue using.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
Now you've got me curious about this set up. I'd like to see something that can maintain item levels in an inventory like that. I can't think of anything that would do such a thing, though having an auto-charging set up is relatively easy.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

thedude8484

thedude8484

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

FTB Ultimate uses the ME storage/crafting system.  It is extremely useful and makes everything very simple.  Check out Direwolf20's spotlight on the mod for an example.  However, it is difficult to make a large system due to the excessive use of Quartz Crystals and Quartz Dust (added by the mod, not the ones that stab you).

• TurningBreeze likes this

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
✓  Best Answer

I just remembered I saw something similar on a tekkit server I played on, but it was using retrievulators (not retrievers) from tubestuff, but that's not in mindcrack.

Edit: looks like they'd do exactly what I want... I might have to either add tubestuff or transfer my world to FTB ultimate.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I don't think you need Tubestuff, just Applied Energistics.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Tubestuff works well and has the advantage that it doesn't give me tons more things I'm not likely to use... :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users