Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Please Help(FTB Crashing)

ftb crash need help my crashes singleplayer HELP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

akseltorgerson

akseltorgerson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack
Today my FTB just started crashing. I do not know why. It seems it could be a RedPower problem.

Here is the crash report:

(NOTE: im on mac, direwolf20, and have always used this world to play LAN with my friend. Also, it somethings just crashes and sometimes shows up for like a half second, then says "Shutting Down Internal Server" and just crashes)

Spoiler

PLEASE HELP!!!! Please:)

Edited by ViperSRT3g, 22 April 2013 - 02:09 AM.
Spoiler-ized

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

A comment and a few questions:

Please enclose crash reports with spoiler tags, it helps to keep the forums cleaner. Put [spoiler] before your log and [/spoiler ] (sans space between spoiler and the bracket) after it.

1. When did it begin crashing, and what were you doing when it began crashing?

2. Is there any discernable pattern to what you are doing when it crashes at random intervals (e.g. using an Indexer from Extra Bees, placing microblocks or other RedPower blocks...?)

3. Does it crash when you A ) start up the world? B ) walk into a specific area? C ) spawn in a specific area? D ) randomly?

My guess is that it is indeed a problem with RedPower. RedPower uses an inordinate amount of metadata IDs for the different microblocks and logic gates, so if you were working with microblocks and then your world crashed, then that might be why. IndexOutOfBounds (the error you are getting) typically means (I believe) that an item ID or a meta-ID has been used that the game thinks is too large, ergo crashes. You could try removing RedPower (if you haven't done much with it) or any and all microblocks from the world that you are playing on and see if that helps.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Other posts on the internet have suggested other causes such as middle clicking a redpower item in your inventory etc, and can be fixed using invedit.

As DigitallyApocalyptic said, knowing what you did just prior to the crash is often very important.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ftb, crash, need, help, my, crashes, singleplayer, HELP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users