Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Weird water block

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Morrac32

Morrac32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

While exploring I have come across a couple of these but not sure if they are just terrain generation or something special. What I am talking about is the one block water areas. They seem to go all the way down to bedrock and you only see half the water source block above the ground. Does anyone know what these are and are they just generated that way or are they special?

Thank you.

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I believe they are springs.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I've wondered about these myself.

It's not "half the water source block", it's the full water source block, it's just the way the water moulds itself to its surroundings. For instance, make a 3x3 dirt pad, except for the middle block put water. Observe the water level. Now remove one of the corner blocks (so that the water is still contained, just a caddy-corner block is missing). Observe that the water level in that corner has lowered. Repeat with the remaining 3 corners and observe that the water level appears to have lowered to about the same as these "Springs". It's still a normal water source block, and if you grab it with a bucket of water it'll still behave normally.

Similarly, I believe if you allow a block of ice to melt naturally (light) without any block updates, it will do the same thing.

Anybody know what mod adds these "Springs"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users