Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Age Generated Twilight Forest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

QHZ

QHZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Using:

Minecrack pack 8.2

Minecraft 1.4.7

mystcraft-uni-1.4.6-0.9.5.0.0

I generated a new age with a brand new descriptive book under the conditions that it is a mushroom biome with standard terrain, and crystals.  However, it made me a Twilight Forest realm.  I have already made a portal to the Twilight Forest, but never went into it yet.  I do not know if this is supposed to happen under an odd circumstance, but I was under the impression that you need a Twilight Portal to get to the realm for the first time. 

It should be noted that the age had trouble loading the spawn for a few seconds.  The console text is below:

Spoiler

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

It should be noted that World 7 is reserved for the Twilight Forest. Your newly created world probably attempted to take the place of the twilight forest, without actually replacing it. Resulting in you ending up in the forest.

Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I believe that how Mystcraft works is it checks for dimension ID conflicts, working from dimension ID 2 (the first free dimension ID after all vanilla Minecraft dimensions (overworld, nether and end)) upwards, e.g. the first one is dimension ID 2, the second one ID 3, the third ID 4, and so forth. If there is no dimension already in place with this ID, it will create it, and if there is a dimension in place, it will transport you to it.

What I suspect has happened is that, since you hadn't yet traveled to the Twilight Forest (ID 7 by default) what probably happened is that Mystcraft attempted to generate the world, but then the Twilight Forest code noticed that a dimension with ID 7 (its dimension ID) was being generated and interrupted the generation of your specified Mystcraft age with its own terrain generation. Generation of dimension 8 should work normally, though, as the Twilight Forest only makes sure that it functions in dimension 7 by default or a different dimension ID in its configuration files.

You should probably delete the folder named MYST_DIM7 in your world save once you make a descriptive book for mystcraft age 8. Otherwise, your portal may not work properly when transporting you to the Forest as is intended by the Twilight Forest mod. I'm not sure, I've not tested this.

If you don't plan on visiting the Twilight Forest in the foreseeable future and you want to use dimension ID 7 for your mystcraft age, here's what you can do:

1) Delete the folder named MYST_DIM7.

2) Change the dimension ID of the Twilight Forest in the Twilight Forest configuration file to something else that won't counteract any of your Mystcraft ages in the foreseeable future, e.g. 127.

3) Re-generate Age 7 using the Descriptive Book that you previously wrote.

This should result in the intended world being generated in the intended dimension slot.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

QHZ

QHZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I understand a little more now.  However, the age which generated the Twilight Forest was age number 172, not 7... as seen in the console text.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users