Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World crash - editing a modded world?

Best Answer TUriko , 30 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

The rails are literally right inside of my base, so if i am having to delete the region files i might as well ditch the world entirely; it's where i store everything i own. Better would be to get rid of the railcraft mod, but that would leave a lot broken as well as i have a number of coke ovens and use concrete a lot, plus actual power system mentioned above :/

EDIT: well, that fix was easy. The current stable version of MCedit does not support modded blocks (or at least their ID's) but the latest developer version does. It's dev version, use it at your own risk but for me it seems to have worked without breaking anything i can immediately notice.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

TUriko

TUriko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

So, i've been poking around on the mindcrack modpack recently, working through all the technical stuff and trying out each mod in turn.

I came to finally trying out steve's carts (and carts in general). In doing so, i've got a little test track set up with regular rails, a boarding rail and a steve's cart.

As soon as the cart reaches the boarding track, the game crashes. After toggling it on and retrying, the game now crashes as soon as the world loads. I looked it up and it seems like a known issue, but... i'm stuck with a broken world :/.

I tried editing the world using MCedit, but because of the many missing blocks this simply destroyed my base, replacing the "nonexisting" modded blocks with random vanilla blocks. So, i have come here to ask if it is possible to edit a broken world, and if so, how.

I'd appreciate any help and advice that could be offered. ^^

PS: dang it, held shift too long when entering my name in registration... :P

EDIT: i have also thought of removing the railcraft mod from the modpack, loading, quitting and then placing the mod back but this would also cause a good amount of damage due to having a steam setup. I am looking into disabling just the specific rail in the mod, but i have no real clue what i'm doing as i have never used such elaborate mods out of a modpack. :P

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack

Depending on the proximity of your rails, I'd suggest deleting the region file the rails are located in. If they are too close to your main base, this may not be an option.

Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

TUriko

TUriko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack
✓  Best Answer

The rails are literally right inside of my base, so if i am having to delete the region files i might as well ditch the world entirely; it's where i store everything i own. Better would be to get rid of the railcraft mod, but that would leave a lot broken as well as i have a number of coke ovens and use concrete a lot, plus actual power system mentioned above :/

EDIT: well, that fix was easy. The current stable version of MCedit does not support modded blocks (or at least their ID's) but the latest developer version does. It's dev version, use it at your own risk but for me it seems to have worked without breaking anything i can immediately notice.

• ViperSRT3g likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users