Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wiki Block Images

Best Answer Kahless61 , 02 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

From my experience:

The inventory image is simply captured by ensuring that your GUI is scaled to the correct size (basically as long as it doesn't look tiny or huge), having the item visible in your inventory, and then pressing F2, which will capture a screenshot (including the GUI). Then find the minecraft screenshots folder, and open the image with an image editor (It really only needs to support adding Transparency and cropping), and then crop the image so that it's only the item (should be a standard size like 32x32). Then flood-fill the background with transparency.

Note that if you aren't capable of transparency, it's not too much of a big deal, someone else will re-up your image with transparency added.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Nicolaos

Nicolaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

I am trying to fill in some of the missing blocks in the wiki but I am not sure exactly how to get the icon for the blocks (e.g. stone) like that you see in your inventory. Any help in how one finds those images would be much appreciated.

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

From my experience:

The inventory image is simply captured by ensuring that your GUI is scaled to the correct size (basically as long as it doesn't look tiny or huge), having the item visible in your inventory, and then pressing F2, which will capture a screenshot (including the GUI). Then find the minecraft screenshots folder, and open the image with an image editor (It really only needs to support adding Transparency and cropping), and then crop the image so that it's only the item (should be a standard size like 32x32). Then flood-fill the background with transparency.

Note that if you aren't capable of transparency, it's not too much of a big deal, someone else will re-up your image with transparency added.

Nicolaos

Nicolaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Ah gotcha, was wondering if there was another way. Anyway thanks for the help.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

It's my understanding that high-quality images without a background can be acquired via the ExtraBees ItemRenderer while in-game. I'm not sure exactly how this works, as whenever I've tried to use the ItemRenderer (as well as numerous other things from ExtraBees :/) my game crashes, so I can't tell you more than that.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users