Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unable to place water or lava.

Best Answer timrem , 03 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

If the server's been running without being shut down for 10 days, it may now be trying to use more memory than your system has available because of a memory leak caused by one of the mods. If that's the case, I'd try stopping the server using the 'stop' command in the console, using this opportunity to make a backup of the world, and restarting it.

If by "up and running for about 10 days" you meant it's been off-and-on running for that long, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Thornsten

Thornsten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hi, I have a server running FTB Ultimate. I didn't make any changes from the default install and it's been up and running for about 10 days now. I can't say for sure, but I'm almost positive I was able to place water when I first started playing on it. But now for some reason I'm unable to place lava or water. While searching for possible causes I came across this video:  which is about fixing the same problem with a plugin called Essentials, but I don't think that's part of FTB. The behavior shown in the video is exactly what happens to me. I place the lava/water and it appears briefly then disappears and my bucket never empties. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks!

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack
✓  Best Answer

If the server's been running without being shut down for 10 days, it may now be trying to use more memory than your system has available because of a memory leak caused by one of the mods. If that's the case, I'd try stopping the server using the 'stop' command in the console, using this opportunity to make a backup of the world, and restarting it.

If by "up and running for about 10 days" you meant it's been off-and-on running for that long, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Thornsten

Thornsten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

You were right, it had been running non-stop for 10 days. I stopped and restarted it (already have automatic daily backups) and am now able to place water and lava again. Thank you! Should I add a cronjob to bounce the server daily as well?

• ViperSRT3g likes this

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
I have my Ultimate server scheduled to restart at 4 hour intervals to ensure it doesn't mess up.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users