Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lost in Mystcraft

Best Answer Celestial Oblivion , 05 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Well, my spawn was at 250/-250, so it was a good thing one of my friends eventually got on so he could tell me the coordinates. It would have taken forever to have gotten to that edge of the spawn zone.

Minimap is still deleting all of my way points in age 10, but not in the overworld, so I guess Rei just has something against the number 10. xD

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I know, they say always to come prepared, but I made a mystcraft world I liked, built a house with a linking book in it, marked my start on Rei's minimap, and started exploring for libraries. Unfortunately, the game crashed at some time during my adventure, and I now notice my waypoint has been deleted and I'm now hopelessly lost with no chance of finding out where I came from.

In short, is there any way to determine where your start in a mystcraft world is, or do I have to get lucky and hope I wonder back to base or a star fissure?

Also two misc. questions. What do you think is the best biomes to find libraries, and can you remove Symbols from ages you make yourself?

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
You can always load the world up in MCEdit to view the locations of places. You can also install mods like dynmap to view a map of your worlds, though it can put heavy pressure on your CPU.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

If you haven't added the Star Fissure symbol to your Mystcraft age, Star Fissures will not generate.

AFAIK, libraries have the same chance of spawning in any and all biomes (excepting void,) though I would recommend a flat biome (e.g. plains, tundra, desert) for spotting them easily.

Once a Descriptive Book has been written, symbols cannot be added or removed from it, whether it is randomly generated or written by you.

My theory is that Rei's minimap bugged out and switched your waypoint to a different dimension by accident upon crashing. I'm not sure where Rei's Minimap keeps its waypoint data, but it will be in a plain text file that you can edit using a program such as Notepad, Notepad++, etc. If you can find where this is, you can change the waypoint that you set to be visible in your Mystcraft age, or copy down the coordinates onto a piece of paper so that you can trek back there via F3. Otherwise, I'd say your best bet is heading back to 0, 0 (a good portion of the time, the spawn point for an age is at 0, 0) and searching in a radius of roughly 100-250 blocks around there to see if you can't find your base.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts

If you haven't added the Star Fissure symbol to your Mystcraft age, Star Fissures will not generate.

AFAIK, libraries have the same chance of spawning in any and all biomes (excepting void,) though I would recommend a flat biome (e.g. plains, tundra, desert) for spotting them easily.

Once a Descriptive Book has been written, symbols cannot be added or removed from it, whether it is randomly generated or written by you.

My theory is that Rei's minimap bugged out and switched your waypoint to a different dimension by accident upon crashing. I'm not sure where Rei's Minimap keeps its waypoint data, but it will be in a plain text file that you can edit using a program such as Notepad, Notepad++, etc. If you can find where this is, you can change the waypoint that you set to be visible in your Mystcraft age, or copy down the coordinates onto a piece of paper so that you can trek back there via F3. Otherwise, I'd say your best bet is heading back to 0, 0 (a good portion of the time, the spawn point for an age is at 0, 0) and searching in a radius of roughly 100-250 blocks around there to see if you can't find your base.

I found the waypoint lists in "Mod Folder" -> "Minecraft" -> "Mods" -> "rei_minimap", but sadly that waypoint was not in any of my dimensions. It has truly been deleted. :-/

I'm playing on a server so I can't just check the world file. My friends haven't been playing on it much lately but I guess as a last resort I can ask one to come to the world and give me the coordinates.

Edit: hmm, this is strange. Before quitting last time I added another waypoint for the village I was at, yet when I logged in this time it was not loaded. I looked in the file and the waypoint was still there, and when I remade the waypoint the file changed but deleted the old one. Probably the cause of my problem in the first place...

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

You are definitely best off asking a friend the coordinates. There is a rather low chance of you finding the link back.

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
✓  Best Answer

Well, my spawn was at 250/-250, so it was a good thing one of my friends eventually got on so he could tell me the coordinates. It would have taken forever to have gotten to that edge of the spawn zone.

Minimap is still deleting all of my way points in age 10, but not in the overworld, so I guess Rei just has something against the number 10. xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users