Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How should Modular Power Suit module articles me written?

Power Armor Modules

7 replies to this topic

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Just a quick clarification on these, since no one has seemed to written any articles on these. Would an item template work here, even though they aren't physically items? Or should I just manually insert the picture from the tinker table GUI in the article?

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I'm not familiar with the mod, could you elaborate?

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts

Alright, the mod is all about this armor you can customize with various upgrades. However, the upgrades are not items like say IndustrialCraft 2. There's various raw materials that you make the upgrades out of, which are items, but the upgrades, which actually give the armor its functionality, are not. They do have icons like items however, so I'm wondering how they should be treated. I guess it could be kind of like articles on multiblock structures or something.

This is what I have so far, I'm just a bit confused on how to write articles that are not about blocks or items.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

I think a custom template like the Item template might be useful here. Other than that, the pages should probably look somewhat similar?

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I'm not sure what kind of information you could document in the template. The only common attributes are:

* It has an image

* It has a name

* Which powerarmor items the upgrade applies to.

* The components required to enable the upgrade (maybe leave this out of the template, maybe include it)

* What you get back when you salvage it (probably leave out of template)

* The fact that it is a PowerArmor Upgrade, part of the PowerSuits mod.

Also, the components that go into the upgrade should have an image with them. This makes it easy to determine at a glance.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts

I'm not sure what kind of information you could document in the template. The only common attributes are:

* It has an image

* It has a name

* Which powerarmor items the upgrade applies to.

* The components required to enable the upgrade (maybe leave this out of the template, maybe include it)

* What you get back when you salvage it (probably leave out of template)

* The fact that it is a PowerArmor Upgrade, part of the PowerSuits mod.

Also, the components that go into the upgrade should have an image with them. This makes it easy to determine at a glance.

I think the weight and possibly energy use range would also be a good thing to add. And there are enough upgrades to justify making one. However, I personally have never made a wiki template before. Is that something a normal user can do, and would any standard wiki documentation apply to this site?

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

If you are registered on the wiki, you should be able to make a template. Copy it from an existing one, and that will make your work a lot easier.

As for "standard wiki documentation", I've seen the occasional template with very little documentation or completely insufficient documentation. You'll be fine. Do your best to document it, and we won't shoot you. If anything, someone else will probably just come along and fix it/improve it.

Of course, take my word for what it's worth, I'm just a regular editor, not an admin or anything.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts

Any user can make/edit templates. If you need help with something, just post in there.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users