Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Xycraft Tanks

Best Answer digitallyApocalyptic , 14 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

I'm not sure what could fix your problem, but I'd say. as a guess: 1) Put a chunk loader/spot loader down to see if that helps and 2) upgrade to Liquiducts. They are more expensive, but worth it in the long run, as Waterproof Pipes are horribly inefficient and have a horribly low capacity. It's also easier to extract liquid as they only require a Redstone signal and no power (note: you will need a Crescent Hammer/OmniWrench to convert them to output mode.) It's also possible that the inefficiency is causing problems with your system, although I can't be exactly sure.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Surviver365

Surviver365

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

I have a xycraft tank that is connected to my biomass farm and from one side the biomass comes into the tank. Then when I want to take the biomass out I have a water proof wooden pipe that has a  redstone engine with a redstone torch, which goes into a biomass engine, which is then connected to a MFSU with a cobble waterproof pipe. Any help would be appreciated.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Uh, first of all, why are you connecting a biogas engine to a MFSU? Second, where is the valve you are attempting to remove liquid from? The liquid level must be high enough to reach the valve block before you can pipe liquid out. It is thus recommended to have your extraction valve at the bottom of your tank if it is not already.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

1) Anything with the word "engine" in its name (e.g. Biogas Engine, Redstone Engine, Stirling Engine) outputs MJ (Minecraft Joules) power. MFSUs, MFEs, BatBoxes, and anything with the word "generator" in its name (e.g. Geothermal Generator, Thermal Generator) accepts/outputs respectively EU (energy units) power. The former power (MJ) is the power system of BuildCraft, and the latter (EU) is the power system of IndustrialCraft. Thus, the power generated by an engine cannot be sent to an MFSU, which is an IndustrialCraft block and cannot accept BuildCraft power without conversion.

2) MJ power is transported using either Conductive Pipes or Redstone Energy Conduits, but most certainly not Waterproof Pipes. Hook up a Wooden Conductive Pipe to your engine, then one or more Golden Conductive Pipes to that pipe towards wherever you want your power to go to.

3) If long-term storage of MJ power is desired, craft yourself a redstone energy cell, or perhaps several depending on your storage needs.

4) If you want to convert MJ to EU, you'll need to use blocks from the Power Converters mod.

5) I have no idea what your problem is, which should be explicitly stated in your OP so that we can help you. Photographic documentation of the problem also assists greatly in solving it.

• ViperSRT3g, ZL123 and Hippieshaman like this

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Surviver365

Surviver365

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

I have two valves, one for imput and one for output of biomass. How I imput the biomass is by waterproof cobble pipe and how I output the biomass is with a waterproof wood pipe, which goes directly to a biomass generator. Sometimes the biomass doesn't flow into the biomass generator, but if I take out the generator and put it back in it works fine for about 10 minutes. Why is the biomass sometimes not going into my biomass generator and how can I fix this?

By the way I am awair of how MJ and EU is diffrent.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I have two valves, one for imput and one for output of biomass. How I imput the biomass is by waterproof cobble pipe and how I output the biomass is with a waterproof wood pipe, which goes directly to a biomass generator. Sometimes the biomass doesn't flow into the biomass generator, but if I take out the generator and put it back in it works fine for about 10 minutes. Why is the biomass sometimes not going into my biomass generator and how can I fix this?

By the way I am awair of how MJ and EU is diffrent.

Again, where is your output valve located? If it is not at the bottom of your tank than you cannot extract from it unless the liquid level in your tank is high enough to reach it. For example, if you had a tank that is 4 blocks high, and you have your valve on the second lowest level, you cannot extract from the multitank unless the tank is more than 25% full.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
✓  Best Answer

I'm not sure what could fix your problem, but I'd say. as a guess: 1) Put a chunk loader/spot loader down to see if that helps and 2) upgrade to Liquiducts. They are more expensive, but worth it in the long run, as Waterproof Pipes are horribly inefficient and have a horribly low capacity. It's also easier to extract liquid as they only require a Redstone signal and no power (note: you will need a Crescent Hammer/OmniWrench to convert them to output mode.) It's also possible that the inefficiency is causing problems with your system, although I can't be exactly sure.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Surviver365

Surviver365

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

I'm going to try a liquiduct.

Surviver365

Surviver365

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Ok so I used liquiducts and they didn't work. How do I use liquiducts. By the way I have a omni wrench.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

Shift + right click removes a liquiduct. Right click switches a liquiduct from input to output mode or vice versa. Input mode is indicated by a solid yellow ring attached to a block that will receive liquid, output mode is indicated by a striped yellow ring which is partially transparent. Liquiducts set to output mode can extract liquid from any and all adjacent blocks which can hold liquid (e.g. Xycraft tanks, Buildcraft tanks, Railcraft tanks, blocks with an internal tank inventory) and send it to input pipes as long as they are receiving a redstone signal. They do not require power.

Surviver365

Surviver365

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

I forgot the redstone signal. I will go try that thanks.

Surviver365

Surviver365

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Thanks for the help the liquiducts worked. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users