Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sky World Twilight Forest Age

Best Answer digitallyApocalyptic , 10 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

I believe that the ID range you mentioned is the backup range of IDs for the Twilight Forest to generate (in case dimension ID 7 is occupied,) which may mean that when those ages are generated, the Forest realizes that an age in the range of its backup dimension IDs is being generated and decides to override the MystCraft biome selections. This is speculation, but this is what I would imagine is occurring.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

QHZ

QHZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I do not know why the game sometimes wants to generate a Twilight Forest realm from an age... but, it always never ceases to amaze me.  I was experimenting with ages once again, and made an age with the following preferences:

• Sky World
  • Dense Ores (x20)
  • Dungeons

Of course, I didn't think the age would render, let alone add spontaneous explosions and scored surface.  At first it didn't load the spawn, so I thought it was just going to crash every time I tried to load it up. However, it once again generated a Twilight Forest.  At this point, I have already been to the Twilight Forest, for the short amount of time it was to make the crystal portal back.  However, due to the madness of the preferences in the age, the biome didn't know how to handle anything.  Most of the land was covered in water, but the water doesn't spread.  So, each layer of soil had its own layer of water.  Due to the Sky World option, it seems that castle and the labyrinth did not spawn.  Or, at least from what I could tell.  

I was wondering if anything like this happened to any of you.  ...If I could somehow get this to happen in a Nether realm, I bet others would like to see the results.

I suppose it is worth noting that this always seems to happen at age 173-174.  I don't know why exactly.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

I believe that the ID range you mentioned is the backup range of IDs for the Twilight Forest to generate (in case dimension ID 7 is occupied,) which may mean that when those ages are generated, the Forest realizes that an age in the range of its backup dimension IDs is being generated and decides to override the MystCraft biome selections. This is speculation, but this is what I would imagine is occurring.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users