Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Thaumic Bees?

Best Answer Creeperman39 , 14 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Ok, found the problem, my Mindcrack pack I have on my server is not 1.4.4 version. Is that not updated automatically or do I have to update that. Did a test world and updated myself to 1.4.4. on another computer and it worked fine, anyone know when the Modpacks will be updated which I know now 1.4.6 Thaumic Bees are available now!!

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Creeperman39

Creeperman39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I noticed on the Wiki that is stated that some new Branches of Thaumic Bees were added in the 1.4.4 version. To my knowledge I have a server and Thaumic Bees version I have is 1.4.6. The question I had is I tried breeding for these bees but no luck. Have they been implemented or is their something I am missing.

The Branches are Soulful , Alchemical ,Metallic, Gem, Fleshy Branches.

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Might just be bad luck? I took a look at some of the class files for TB 1.4.4 and 1.4.6. There's a few small changes to mutations, but nothing big. Note that I didn't delve particularly deep into the code though. It's possible that I might have overlooked something.

- Iron now requires Industrious + Common (10%)

- Silver requires Imperial + Modest (10%) (same as before, but higher percentage)

- Minium does no longer have Sinister + Mysterious (11%) as a valid combination. Frugal + Pupil (10%) still works.

- Everything else for the new bees is the same as in TB 1.4.4

Creeperman39

Creeperman39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hmm, ok I will have to try again, I have tried a lot of the combinations listed on the Wiki only to get a mixed breed, but I will keep trying, thanks.

Creeperman39

Creeperman39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Might just be bad luck? I took a look at some of the class files for TB 1.4.4 and 1.4.6. There's a few small changes to mutations, but nothing big. Note that I didn't delve particularly deep into the code though. It's possible that I might have overlooked something.

- Iron now requires Industrious + Common (10%)

- Silver requires Imperial + Modest (10%) (same as before, but higher percentage)

- Minium does no longer have Sinister + Mysterious (11%) as a valid combination. Frugal + Pupil (10%) still works.

- Everything else for the new bees is the same as in TB 1.4.4

Ok, I just tried a Creative World in FTB Ultimate, made a Direwolf Ubber Breeder and tried the combinations you gave and still only got mixed breeds like Common-Industrious and Modest-Imperial but no new Thaumic bees as you specified to breed, so now what can I be doing wrong??

Creeperman39

Creeperman39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
✓  Best Answer

Ok, found the problem, my Mindcrack pack I have on my server is not 1.4.4 version. Is that not updated automatically or do I have to update that. Did a test world and updated myself to 1.4.4. on another computer and it worked fine, anyone know when the Modpacks will be updated which I know now 1.4.6 Thaumic Bees are available now!!

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Thaumic Bees 1.4.6 is for Minecraft version 1.5.x, whereas the major FTB modpacks are still using Minecraft 1.4.7 because RedPower hasn't updated. I believe the "News" tab on the FTB launcher has more on that topic. The server will not automatically update itself (unless it's being hosted and that's a service your host provides).

Also: it's standard forum etiquette that if you have something more to say and you were the last person to post in the thread, you edit your last post rather than double (or in this case, triple) posting.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Thaumic Bees 1.4.6 is for Minecraft version 1.5.x, whereas the major FTB modpacks are still using Minecraft 1.4.7 because RedPower hasn't updated. I believe the "News" tab on the FTB launcher has more on that topic. The server will not automatically update itself (unless it's being hosted and that's a service your host provides).

Also: it's standard forum etiquette that if you have something more to say and you were the last person to post in the thread, you edit your last post rather than double (or in this case, triple) posting.

Some forums even have rules against double (and triple) posting that can get you banned.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users