Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thaumcraft Research

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Hi all,

Does anyone know exactly how Thaumcraft research works with regards to aspect values of items and ambient aspect bonuses? I've not been able to find any information regarding what the increased values actually do.

E.g. Is it better to use leather for researching the defense aspect with a value of 1 or whatever it is, or is it better to craft it into armor, which has a higher aspect value?

Does a value of 5 mean that 5 times as much progress will be made when a research action is successful, or does it mean each time you click to research it is 5 times as likely to succeed? How does the value affect whether the item is used up or not?

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Hi all,

Does anyone know exactly how Thaumcraft research works with regards to aspect values of items and ambient aspect bonuses? I've not been able to find any information regarding what the increased values actually do.

E.g. Is it better to use leather for researching the defense aspect with a value of 1 or whatever it is, or is it better to craft it into armor, which has a higher aspect value?

Does a value of 5 mean that 5 times as much progress will be made when a research action is successful, or does it mean each time you click to research it is 5 times as likely to succeed? How does the value affect whether the item is used up or not?

I don't have any hard numbers, but the number value seems to give more progress when a research action is successful. It does not seem to have any affect on whether the item is used up or if the investigation is successful. This is especially noticeable when you start researching the higher end stuff, your progress will barely move when using a 1 point value item.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Yes, I do think that it increases the progress, but doesn't decrease the chance of getting destroyed.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users