Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shaders and FTB

Best Answer Iamtk421 , 19 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

To answer my own query,

This page described the correct setup for shaders with FTB

http://forum.feed-th...-shaders.11135/

Looks sweet.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Hi All,

Just bought myself a brand new computer since my old one died and now that I have a decent machine again I thought I'd try out Sonic Ethers shader mod.

Unfortunately while the mod appears to be working as I get a new shaders button in the settings and can select shaderpacks, when I actually load the world it doesn't appear any different than normal.

I do also have the right version of optifine already running for the shaders mod.

Does anyone know the correct way of setting up shaders with FTB?

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
✓  Best Answer

To answer my own query,

This page described the correct setup for shaders with FTB

http://forum.feed-th...-shaders.11135/

Looks sweet.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Thanks for the link, that really helped, but has anyone figured out how to disable those annoying waving leave animations. xD

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

That;s easy... you have to open up one of the files in the shader pack and just add a comment tag...

I'll check which ones when I get home.

Personally I like the wavy grass, though do wish it was a little less intense.

I've not been able to figure out how to change the colour of light sources yet. I find it far too orange for my taste. It would be nice if the redpower lamps etc could give off different colour light too, but the shader pack just seems to make all artificial light sources orange.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

I actually just have optifine installed right now (disabled the shaders because of the tree leaves, the grass was fine) and I have the same thing happening. So you might want to look in the optifine files, not the shaders.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Thats weird, for me it is certainly the shaders. 

I forgot to look at it last night, but I do remember seeing the options in the shader files for disabling waving.

I just downloaded the shaderpack and if you open up the zip file then edit gbuffers_terrain.vsh and gbuffers_entities.vsh with a text editor you'll see lines near the top #define WAVING_LEAVES etc. Just add // to the start of the lines for the features you dislike and save. I'm not sure which file actually affects it so do both. From memory one of them has no effect.

Alternatively you can probably just change the speed variable in each section further down  to make the wave effect less intense. E.g. change float speed = 8.0; to float speed = 4.0;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users