Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Structures/Blocks disappearing when I log out and back in.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Trainwreck20

Trainwreck20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

I am playing on a friends server (and he is also looking into this), but the last two times I have logged out, everything from the sessions appears to not be saved.  My location is retained correctly, and any changes in my inventory, but any blocks added/removed from the environment are gone.  Is this something relatively easy to fix?  Has anyone had this happen?

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Sounds like chunk resets. Something is causing the world data to rebuild. Does it only affect you? And if so, have you tried building somewhere that somebody else already built on, or have someone else build where you're trying to build? This will at least give an idea on whether it's you specifically, everyone, or just certain chunks.

Trainwreck20

Trainwreck20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The world has been around for a bit (a couple months?) and I had built a pretty extensive base.  I recently moved a 1,000 or so meters away and was working on enlarging a village when the problem appeared.  I moved further away from my starting point again (a few hundred meters) and the problem has persisted.  At least one other person in a different chunk saw the problem briefly but then it stopped.  The admin tried to build in my area, and it disappeared, as well.   Not sure on what to do to stop chunk resets, any ideas?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Has your friend looked into the console output when this occurs? My wild guess based on the little information given is that his hard drive is full or his permissions are set incorrectly, and can't save any new chunks once they're unloaded from memory. Existing chunks and your player data could be unaffected because they already have files on the drive that are being modified rather than being created.

Trainwreck20

Trainwreck20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I believe that he is running this on a subscription server, so I would be surprised if the hard drive were full, but it could happen.  The world should not be that big (MB-wise), either.  I think he is also looking into the issues and will check permissions, but it would be wierd for them to have been changed suddenly unless it was some odd accident.  There were some incidents of sheep and bees getting out of control a while back, maybe fixing those issues cause a problem.

Edit: confirmed that it is more than just a single chunk, it looks like it is at least 4 or 5 chunks that I have travelled to and tried to alter without success.  IT definitely looks like it is me.  I may try to get back to my starting point and see what happens there (but it is a bit of a trip...).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users