Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Animated image switching

6 replies to this topic

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

So I've been working on porting the animated image switching from MC wiki. There's still quite a few changes left do make before it will work for everything, including grid templates. So far I've been able to get it to work an integrate it into the item template, as you can see here: http://ftbwiki.org/Steeleaf_Armor

This is essentially based on the template Animate, some css and a bunch of js in Common.js, which I imported from MC wiki.

For the Item template, you essentially just enter the list of images, separated by semicolons as the image parameter. Do note that you can't specify a size for the images and the name shave to use spaces, rather than underscores.

EDIT: Another example: http://ftbwiki.org/Shard

• ZL123 and Artsja like this

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

That is pretty awesome. :) I'm sure this will come in really handy for some pages. Thanks RZR0.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Would it be possible to disable this in user preferences? I really hate the images in recipes flicking all the time in NEI, and having the same here would just be annoying. It looks fine in the item info box (as on the shard & steeleaf armor pages) though.

Artsja

Artsja

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

I'm not a fan of the flashing NEI recipes either, but I'm not sure if something like that was even planned at all. I very much like the animations for the item info, and I think the delay between images right now is very good, not too fast and not too slow.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Quote: "There's still quite a few changes left do make before it will work for everything, including grid templates."

Looks like he's planning on implementing it for recipes too...

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

It's implemented so that the scrolling is paused when you hover over a recipe

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Thanks RZR0. I had done some work on that when we first were migrating the wiki, but wasn't able to get very far. Nice to see someone else is trying their hand at it now.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users