Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Probabilities Of Modded Enchantments On Books At Level 30

Best Answer digitallyApocalyptic , 25 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

I suppose the thread should be renamed along the lines of the probability of modded enchantments of books [at level 30].  I am aware of the Athame, and its effects, as I have used them many times before.  However, I was playing around in enchanting and wanted to know the probabilities of modded enchantments.  Shortly after making the thread, I saw Streak1's thread, which touched on this very subject.  It seems that although some information was obtained, no one seems to have gone through the trouble of finding statistical numbers via enchanting several stacks of books, similar to the vanilla enchantments, to find percentages. The latter would solve this problem, and would be a great increase of information.  For a website which hosts a wiki, such as this, I'm sure you are the most interested in such information.

The issue is that, since there are many different mods that add new enchantments (e.g. Soul Stealer from Soul Shards, Disjunction and Vorpal from RP2, the various Thaumcraft enchantments) the results for the chances for these mods would be skewed, which means that one would need to test each pack individually (to ascertain the odds of different enchantments for that mod pack) and then also test each mod separately for thorough documentation, so it's not that easy. Of course, it's possible to look at the mod's source code, but that raises the question of what to decompile, where to check, and with some mods, whether or not decompiling the code is allowed. Decompiling the source code of some mods is not allowed in the little license that many mod makers put at the conclusion of their threads on MCForums etc.

Back to the issue of Disjunction, I'm pretty sure I've gotten Disjunction IV on a sword enchanted at level 30, but all the books I've gotten have been Disjunction III. This means that what you would probably have to do (if enchanting books) is combine two Disjunction III books on a sword to get Disjunction IV. It's also possible that, as with some enchantments, they are actually more common (or a higher level of them is more common) if the level you enchant at is marginally lower, which would make results even more difficult to ascertain without (most likely) decompiling the source code, finding the enchantment's weight, writing a program based on that and taking into account various materials (e.g. wood, diamond, book) and enchanting levels and then publishing it somehow and somewhere.

It's also possible that, since these are mods, the enchantment weight system would be completely different, causing more complications and skewed results.

tl;dr enchantments are a very complicated thing, as it so happens.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

QHZ

QHZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I was wondering, what are the probabilities of each modded enchantment for a book if enchanted at level 30 under the Mindcrack Pack using a vanilla enchantment table?  I'm guessing that they share similar probabilities to the vanilla enchantments for books.  I'm sure this was tested many times before, but I can't seem to find anything on it.  More specifically, I want to know, along with all the modded enchantments, the probability of getting Disjuntion IV.  Perhaps you can only get it via finding it in a chest?  This option is not a problem is that is the case, but I wish to know.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Why do you want disjunction IV? It was actually added by Red Power 2, not Thaumcraft, and that mod has a much cheaper and in my opinion better way of dealing with endermen, Athame.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

QHZ

QHZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I suppose the thread should be renamed along the lines of the probability of modded enchantments of books [at level 30].  I am aware of the Athame, and its effects, as I have used them many times before.  However, I was playing around in enchanting and wanted to know the probabilities of modded enchantments.  Shortly after making the thread, I saw Streak1's thread, which touched on this very subject.  It seems that although some information was obtained, no one seems to have gone through the trouble of finding statistical numbers via enchanting several stacks of books, similar to the vanilla enchantments, to find percentages. The latter would solve this problem, and would be a great increase of information.  For a website which hosts a wiki, such as this, I'm sure you are the most interested in such information.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

The issue is that, since there are many different mods that add new enchantments (e.g. Soul Stealer from Soul Shards, Disjunction and Vorpal from RP2, the various Thaumcraft enchantments) the results for the chances for these mods would be skewed, which means that one would need to test each pack individually (to ascertain the odds of different enchantments for that mod pack) and then also test each mod separately for thorough documentation, so it's not that easy. Of course, it's possible to look at the mod's source code, but that raises the question of what to decompile, where to check, and with some mods, whether or not decompiling the code is allowed. Decompiling the source code of some mods is not allowed in the little license that many mod makers put at the conclusion of their threads on MCForums etc.

Back to the issue of Disjunction, I'm pretty sure I've gotten Disjunction IV on a sword enchanted at level 30, but all the books I've gotten have been Disjunction III. This means that what you would probably have to do (if enchanting books) is combine two Disjunction III books on a sword to get Disjunction IV. It's also possible that, as with some enchantments, they are actually more common (or a higher level of them is more common) if the level you enchant at is marginally lower, which would make results even more difficult to ascertain without (most likely) decompiling the source code, finding the enchantment's weight, writing a program based on that and taking into account various materials (e.g. wood, diamond, book) and enchanting levels and then publishing it somehow and somewhere.

It's also possible that, since these are mods, the enchantment weight system would be completely different, causing more complications and skewed results.

tl;dr enchantments are a very complicated thing, as it so happens.

• ZER0-0 likes this

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users