Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Removing Stub tags?

Stub

6 replies to this topic

gretchgamer

gretchgamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

OK I'm new around here and now that I've learned this is the newer more active unofficial wiki, and what I was posting a lot of edits to was the old unofficial wiki, I'm moving some of my edits over here.  But I want to be sure to do this right.

I see in the Style Guide that:

"A stub is a short article that can be expanded with more information on a subject by any user. To mark an article as a "stub" add the code {{stub}} to the top of any article."

Soo...when do you know it's appropriate to remove a Stub tag?

Example, I am bringing over info about the Peat page, that you can mature it within 2 blocks of water (not 1) and I'm waiting for some to mature in my test world so I can re-take a screenshot in the default texture pack (per the Style Guide) that documents this visually.  Beyond this and what is already there , I really can't think of much more one can say about Peat as matured Bog Earth.

So is removing a Stub tag just a subjective judgement call?

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Yeah, it is. 

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

gerbalb

gerbalb

• Administrators
  • 17 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack
If the page has more than a paragraph of description, a recipe, and an info box, it's probably ready to be unstubbed. The peat page is definitely no longer a stub.

Maxwelljonez

Maxwelljonez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Modpack:Regrowth

Just to be sure I understand it well: in the "peat" case  gretchgamer can remove the stub tag himself?

MaxwellJoneZ

www.MaxwellJoneZ.com

Check my Youtube

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Yes, any wiki user can remove (or add) a Stub tag. 

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

If the page has more than a paragraph of description, a recipe, and an info box, it's probably ready to be unstubbed. The peat page is definitely no longer a stub.

As long as that is all the info about the item, if the item has a ton of other info about it that is undocumented I would disagree though.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

Nanasi1

Nanasi1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Lite 2

dino game is a speed game that was first made for Google Chrome. The game was added to Google Chrome in 2014 as a "Easter egg" to keep people busy when they can't get online. Every month, more than 270 million people play a game called "Chrome Dino" that has a T-Rex in it. The dinosaur game can be played in full screen, even when you are online.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users