Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Multiblock Template

2 replies to this topic

dedbbs

dedbbs

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

This is just a suggestion, as I am still hardly good at making wiki stuff.

I was thinking that adding a multiblock template akin to the item template would be helpful. When you look at pages that describe items, they have this nice official panel where you can get some info about what it is. When you look at a multiblock page (the prototypical examples I can think of are the pages for the Blast Furnace and for ME Molecular Assembler Chamber) you don't see anything of the sort. Without an information panel, these pages look, well, incomplete kind of.

What I was thinking was a panel that looks similar to the Item template, but with different kind of helpful information. Sort of like:

-Name of Multiblock

-MultiBlock (The word MultiBlock)

-Component Blocks: [[Listed]] [[Like]] [[This]]

-Schematic: (A place for someone to put a link to an image or text schematic for building it, if one is available)

-Source Mod

I had a few more thoughts as to what could be added to it earlier, but right now it escapes me. Still wanted to put in my suggestion though. Perhaps others have more to add to what they think it should have. Or maybe others hate the idea. Thanks.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I think this would be a good idea, since Blocks and Items have templates.

A few more possible labels might be:

• If it requires EU, then a Voltage limit (Low Voltage or Extreme Voltage etc.)
  • If it requires EU, then a minimum voltage (x(EU/t))
  • If the size is variable, then how large it may be (x*y)
  • If the size is variable, then how small it may be (x*y)
  • If the size is fixed, then its size (x*y)

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

I was thinking that adding a multiblock template akin to the item template would be helpful. When you look at pages that describe items, they have this nice official panel where you can get some info about what it is. When you look at a multiblock page (the prototypical examples I can think of are the pages for the Blast Furnace and for ME Molecular Assembler Chamber) you don't see anything of the sort. Without an information panel, these pages look, well, incomplete kind of.

The general name for these is infobox.

I think this would be a good idea, since Blocks and Items have templates.

We merged the Block infobox with the Item infobox a while back, the Block infobox should no longer exist.

I think we can expand on the current item infobox and use it for structures as well.
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users