Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ftb multicraft server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

davym

davym

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Hi.  I need help configuring my ftb multi craft server on ftp.  I am able to start my server, but In opt mode or creative mode I am not able to place advanced mod blocks or twilight portal.  Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

To me, this sounds not unlike a similar error that someone else on this forum reported that had to do with a Bukkit plugin, so if you are using Bukkit, here's what I'd say you might be able to do:

Because of the sheer quantity of things that FTB changes and the way in which Bukkit and ForgeModLoader (which allows for mods such as IndustrialCraft, RedPower, BuildCraft and all others in the FTB pack to be loaded in) interact and talk to one another (i.e. they don't, really, at all,) it may be that one or more of your plugins on your Bukkit setup is conflicting with FTB. It may also be that FTB has been installed incorrectly/not at all or, if it was installed correctly, Bukkit sort of kicked FTB out on recognizing that it was an unknown plugin outside of Bukkit. As I've not had any experience running a server, I'm not 100% sure of how to fix this. I know that there are people who have gotten FTB and Bukkit to work together, but I'm not sure how complicated it is.

Here's what you could try:

• Post a log of the console to pastebin and link it here (alternatively, post it here inside spoiler tags; [spoiler] before the text and [/spoiler ] afterwards) so that we can at lesat figure out what the problem is if not solve it
  • Redownload the server files for Bukkit and install FTB on top of it
  • If that doesn't work, take the inverse route; i.e. redownload FTB's server files and install Bukkit on top of that
  • Try a "bare-bones" setup; start with just FTB, then add Bukkit, then add plugins one by one until things stop working; this could help to figure out a "problem plugin" that's making things not work which you could then modify/remove if it's not absolutely critical to your server
  • Bare-bones setup beginning with Bukkit, then adding FTB, then plugins, or in some other order

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

ViperSRT3g

ViperSRT3g

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:ViperSRT3g
  • Modpack:Unlisted Pack
Please ensure that when uploading your jar file into the jar folder, you rename it to "minecraft_server.jar"

This will enable Multicraft to load up the FTB enabled version of Minecraft. I have a couple of servers running through multicraft, and it definitely lives up to its name when allowing you to easily access multiple servers.
Vanilla Server: vanilla.vipersrt3g.net
banner-13472.png
Snapshot Server: snap.vipersrt3g.net
banner-25377.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users