Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Soul Shards: Zombie Villager spawner?

Best Answer ZER0-0 , 04 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

If you want villager breeding to be better clarified, check out Docm77's videos on youtube. He explains how breeding works, what you can get from it, and much more. Also, you can use those cured zombie villagers to start a new village if your buildings for them follow a specific set of rules, all of which Doc explains in his tutorials.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

gretchgamer

gretchgamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

OK so I made a hunting lodge world that's always night with Mystcraft and I've managed to work up Tier 5 Enderman, Skellie and Zombie Soul Shards which will be very handy.  Somewhere along the line though, the random chance upon zombie spawning gave me a Zombie Villager Soul Shard with 1 kill in it.

Now I can use an anvil with other shards and xp to make a higher level Zombie Villager shard, but is there any use for that?  The wikis seem to imply that Zombie Villagers drop the same as Zombies.

One use might be if you didn't have any Villagers/Villages around (I have one that's all disjointed up the steep side of a mountain that was abandoned all but 2 villagers which I have sequestered away in a safe place) but you could use the shard to spawn zombie villagers then cure them, to refresh a villager supply.  But that sounds like a lot of work.  I can, I suppose, put the two villagers to breeding in a "house o' doors" but I'm still miffed that during the update, the one that was a Bee merchant went generic.

So...Zombie Villager spawner?  Useful or frivolous?

(side question, do villagers who produce offspring ever produce a Bee guy?)

I'm also confused about the whole village thing, I've seen it defined as a biome, but can you put villagers in a village that you make and have them accept it? (assuming building codes are followed as detailed in the official MC wiki)

ZER0-0

ZER0-0

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
✓  Best Answer

If you want villager breeding to be better clarified, check out Docm77's videos on youtube. He explains how breeding works, what you can get from it, and much more. Also, you can use those cured zombie villagers to start a new village if your buildings for them follow a specific set of rules, all of which Doc explains in his tutorials.

• gretchgamer likes this

When in Trouble or in Doubt, Run in circles, Scream and Shout!

gretchgamer

gretchgamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

thanks, I will seek that out!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I would definitely recommend watching Tango Tek for villages themselves. He has really long videos about Villages and Iron Golems, but trust me, he goes into a lot of great detail.

Basically...

Say  :D is a door, and  :angry: is a block.

This is a view from the side:

:angry:

:D

This would not be a village.

:angry:  :angry:

This would be. A village is defined by a door having access to the sky within a three-block line both directions from it.

This next one would not be a village:

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Because there is a block to the top-right AND the top-left, and none anywhere else in a three-block 'radius'.

Just go watch his videos, but what I said is a very important point to be stressed about actual villages themselves.

To answer your question, yes, villagers will work in manmade villages, AND you should get a zombie villager spawner if you want villagers. I'm not sure about whether you can get apiarist villagers from breeding or not, but I assume so.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

From direwolf's videos it looks like abducting entire villages with a portal gun and having them breed wherever works, so I'm not sure if a zombie villager spawner is really needed for making artificial villages.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

Apiarist Villagers can definitely be created via breeding other villagers. However, I am not sure whether or not you need to have an Apiarist Villager already present, as all the times I've had Apiarist Villagers created via breeding is when other Apiarist Villagers are already present. I would assume not (it's probably just one more profession in the pool of random professions that a villager can be) but I don't know for certain.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users