Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

what does this colored message mean?

Best Answer timrem , 14 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

You were right to guess it's Thaumcraft related. It is a message from having some flux in the area, and was accompanied by a few seconds of a negative status effect such as mining fatigue or nausea. If you happen to be near one of the Thaumcraft dungeons, there's likely a dark node inside generating flux, otherwise it's still possible that there's an unstable node nearby adding flux to the local aura. See Flux for more info on what may be happening.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

gretchgamer

gretchgamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

wut.png

Ultimate pack 1.1.2

Green chat text: "The air around you suddenly becomes suffused with strange energies."

Now since there is no timestamp I don't know if this showed when I was in my base or on a Mystcraft quarry world.  I did notice a wisp outside my base the other day and I hadn't seen that before, is this a wisp spawning message?  I haven't done anything with Thaumcraft yet so I have no idea if I am awash in flux or have a toxic node outside my base or what.

The Mystcraft Age is stable (no negative effects.)  Tiled Extreme Hills/Mountainous Desert eternal noon mining world.  There is one of those formations with a chest and wisps in the distance.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack
✓  Best Answer

You were right to guess it's Thaumcraft related. It is a message from having some flux in the area, and was accompanied by a few seconds of a negative status effect such as mining fatigue or nausea. If you happen to be near one of the Thaumcraft dungeons, there's likely a dark node inside generating flux, otherwise it's still possible that there's an unstable node nearby adding flux to the local aura. See Flux for more info on what may be happening.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

This, basically. The Thaumcraft 'dungeon' things do often have a dark node which generate massive amounts of flux.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users