Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best way to make silicon cells

Best Answer ZL123 , 16 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

The best way before you get Solar Panels, imo, is Redstone in an Industrial Centrifuge.

10 Redstone + 4 Cells = 1 Silicon Cell + 2 Ruby Dust + (?) Pyrite Dust + (?) Mercury Cells
I think the information on the wiki might be slightly outdated.

Sand in an Industrial Electrolyzer is also good. Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Roseroar

Roseroar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Been flipping though the wiki and trying to figure out the best way to make silicon cells. Want to make a bunch of solar panels under Gregtech (Ultimate Pack ) and so far I've just been burning though a bunch of lapis with little results. Interestingly enough NEI shows liquid silicon in a Liquid Transposer but I think that's a bug as I put a lot of silicon things into the Magma Crucible with no luck getting any of it to work to make silicon liquid. >.< 

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack
✓  Best Answer
The best way before you get Solar Panels, imo, is Redstone in an Industrial Centrifuge.

10 Redstone + 4 Cells = 1 Silicon Cell + 2 Ruby Dust + (?) Pyrite Dust + (?) Mercury Cells

Sand in an Industrial Electrolyzer is also good.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Roseroar

Roseroar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Sand in an Industrial Electrolyzer is also good.

Slightly? It says to put lapis dust into a centrifuge, which doesn't work, it apparently is an electrolyzer recipe now. >.< I'll give redstone a whirl, got plenty of that, that or start macerating my vast supply of cobble into sand, which might be another good option. Cool! Thanks! :D  Any other problems I'm having I'll separate out into their own messages. :D

• ZL123 likes this

Immot

Immot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I use sodalite dust which is found in the end in an industrial electrolyzer because you get 4 sodium cells, 3 aluminium dust, 3 silicon cells and a chlorite cell which is useless for 23 dust which can be obtained from about 5 ore blocks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users