Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ore distribution config?

Best Answer RZR0 , 16 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

There's no single config file that contains ore distribution. I'm not even sure it's configurable. I od think some mods let you configure the levels. In that case, you'll have to look in the config files for the individual mods. In case of the ultimate pack, I'd start by looking at the config for Thermal Expansion, I'm certain it handles copper ore as well as probably tin ore. I don't have FTB installed on the pc I'm using at the moment, so I can't check right now.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

gretchgamer

gretchgamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I searched ore distribution in the search widget and didn't find it, so asking here.

I've seen mention in the wiki in different places about how some packs have GregTech ore distribution unless it has Thermal Expansion in which case it uses TE ore distribution and it's different in different packs and for different ores...is this listed in a config file someplace?  I looked and could not find one, most of the configs I checked for the relevant mods seemed devoted to assigning block ID numbers and things.

I probably just missed it.

I've been watching my Mystcraft quarry and noting what height I start seeing ores appear, versus what's on the wiki about different ores specifically.  But if this is all neatly listed in some file, does anyone know which?  I'm using Ultimate pack 1.1.2

If there is such a thing as "ore distribution" and it is known to be dictated by this mod or that, surely that info must be someplace.  So I don't have to sit at the bottom of my quarry with Notepad open.  Many wiki articles about ores have little or no listed info about what levels in which to find them.

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack
✓  Best Answer

There's no single config file that contains ore distribution. I'm not even sure it's configurable. I od think some mods let you configure the levels. In that case, you'll have to look in the config files for the individual mods. In case of the ultimate pack, I'd start by looking at the config for Thermal Expansion, I'm certain it handles copper ore as well as probably tin ore. I don't have FTB installed on the pc I'm using at the moment, so I can't check right now.

• gretchgamer likes this

gretchgamer

gretchgamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

thanks, I'll keep digging :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users