Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Glass that Blocks Sunlight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Futret

Futret

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

The image shows a mob grinder I'm part-way through building that farms, among other drops, enderpearls.

One problem I have encountered with the design is that sunlight can enter through the glass walls, causing endermen to teleport out of the tower. This reduces the efficiency of the grinder during the day as well as filling my house with endermen.

I want to keep the windows if possible and I was wondering, does FTB offer any blocks that look similar to glass that will block sunlight? (Stained glass, hardened glass, reinforced glass, one-way glass etc. etc.)

Attached Thumbnails

• farm.PNG

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

One-Way Glass will do the job. The game considers it to be the same type of block as wooden planks (breaks fastest when you use an axe, doesn't let light through) but it is also visually transparent from one side and camouflaged to look like the blocks next to it from the other side, allowing you to observe the efficiency of the mob grinder without decreasing its efficiency as a consequence of doing so.

• Futret likes this

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Futret

Futret

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

One-Way Glass will do the job. The game considers it to be the same type of block as wooden planks (breaks fastest when you use an axe, doesn't let light through) but it is also visually transparent from one side and camouflaged to look like the blocks next to it from the other side, allowing you to observe the efficiency of the mob grinder without decreasing its efficiency as a consequence of doing so.

This seams to work as long as the opaque side faces inwards. Thanks :D

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I don't know anything about One-way glass, but I'm curious if you place it sideways (so the opaque side faces the wall), whether it lets light in and whether you can see through it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users