Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

assembler help

Best Answer digitallyApocalyptic , 27 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

@timrem: I believe that he's talking about the Assembling Machine added in a recent GregTech update, not the Assembler from RedPower.

@albert: The Assembling Machine, Plate Bending Machine, Electric Furnace and most other IC2/GregTech machines can tolerate a voltage of 32 EU/p but often do not use the entire 32 EU/t, e.g. the Assembling Machine uses 2 EU/t for most operations, as does the Plate Bending Machine and the main IC2 machines often use somewhere between one and four EU/t, AFAIK. Thus, one BatBox or energy storage device will often suffice for powering several machines. This is the difference between voltage tolerated (e.g. LV = 32 EU/p, MV = 128 EU/p, the amount of power in one packet they can tolerate before exploding) and power drawn (e.g. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 EU/t used, the amount of power that the machine needs to perform an operation) and are two very different values. For a little bit more cohesive and in-depth explanation, see our article on EU, the unit of energy in IndustrialCraft 2 and its addons (e.g. GregTech and Advanced Solar Panels.)

The exception is multi-block machines, such as the Industrial Blast Furnace, Implosion Compressor, Vacuum Freezer, Distillation Tower and Industrial Grinder. These have a set voltage (most of them are 128 EU/t) and consume the entirety of this voltage, i.e. an Industrial Blast Furnace requires 128 EU/t to run and will consume the entire 128 EU/t. The Industrial Electrolyzer also behaves in a similar manner, although it's not a multi-block machine. For these, it's advisable to have dedicated MFEs (or BatBoxes in the Implosion Compressor's case, as it is a LV (32 EU/t) machine) and not one shared cable line unless you are powering them via MFSU and using transformers.

Also, a word of warning: as is evidenced by this thread, people can be easily confused if you don't use the right name for a machine, as many machines and/or blocks share similar names in FTB (e.g. Assembling Machine versus Assembler, Block Breaker from RP2 versus Block Breaker from TubeStuff, Electric Furnace versus Powered Furnace, and many others) and perform similar functions, which can result in inaccurate advice. Make sure you know the proper name for the machine and use that proper name!

If, in fact, you are talking about the RedPower assembler (although I guessed you weren't from your description of an IC2 power setup) then all this advice is null and void. You can check if a machine can be fueled by EU by connecting any type of cable to it, with or without power source attached (I'd advise without to begin with.) If the cable joins up to the machine, it can be powered by EU and needs to be powered. Otherwise, it's probably activated by Redstone pulses, Blutricity or MJ.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

albert wesker

albert wesker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:gerbil69
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

this may sound odd but can i run this machine off the same power source as say a plate bender? or electric furnace or assembly machine via glass fibre cables?

or do i need different type of cables/power source?

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

If you're talking about this Assembler, it requires no power to run, just a redstone pulse for each operation. If that's not the block you're looking at, it would help if you linked to the wiki page for the block you mean.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
✓  Best Answer

@timrem: I believe that he's talking about the Assembling Machine added in a recent GregTech update, not the Assembler from RedPower.

@albert: The Assembling Machine, Plate Bending Machine, Electric Furnace and most other IC2/GregTech machines can tolerate a voltage of 32 EU/p but often do not use the entire 32 EU/t, e.g. the Assembling Machine uses 2 EU/t for most operations, as does the Plate Bending Machine and the main IC2 machines often use somewhere between one and four EU/t, AFAIK. Thus, one BatBox or energy storage device will often suffice for powering several machines. This is the difference between voltage tolerated (e.g. LV = 32 EU/p, MV = 128 EU/p, the amount of power in one packet they can tolerate before exploding) and power drawn (e.g. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 EU/t used, the amount of power that the machine needs to perform an operation) and are two very different values. For a little bit more cohesive and in-depth explanation, see our article on EU, the unit of energy in IndustrialCraft 2 and its addons (e.g. GregTech and Advanced Solar Panels.)

The exception is multi-block machines, such as the Industrial Blast Furnace, Implosion Compressor, Vacuum Freezer, Distillation Tower and Industrial Grinder. These have a set voltage (most of them are 128 EU/t) and consume the entirety of this voltage, i.e. an Industrial Blast Furnace requires 128 EU/t to run and will consume the entire 128 EU/t. The Industrial Electrolyzer also behaves in a similar manner, although it's not a multi-block machine. For these, it's advisable to have dedicated MFEs (or BatBoxes in the Implosion Compressor's case, as it is a LV (32 EU/t) machine) and not one shared cable line unless you are powering them via MFSU and using transformers.

Also, a word of warning: as is evidenced by this thread, people can be easily confused if you don't use the right name for a machine, as many machines and/or blocks share similar names in FTB (e.g. Assembling Machine versus Assembler, Block Breaker from RP2 versus Block Breaker from TubeStuff, Electric Furnace versus Powered Furnace, and many others) and perform similar functions, which can result in inaccurate advice. Make sure you know the proper name for the machine and use that proper name!

If, in fact, you are talking about the RedPower assembler (although I guessed you weren't from your description of an IC2 power setup) then all this advice is null and void. You can check if a machine can be fueled by EU by connecting any type of cable to it, with or without power source attached (I'd advise without to begin with.) If the cable joins up to the machine, it can be powered by EU and needs to be powered. Otherwise, it's probably activated by Redstone pulses, Blutricity or MJ.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

albert wesker

albert wesker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:gerbil69

ah ok guys i'll see what connects to a machine dont know why i didnt think of that and sorry i didnt link to the object in question it was the one tim rem said about

thanks for the help :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users