Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Silverwood* saplings not sprouting

Best Answer timrem , 29 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'd double- and triple-check that the area does have 100+ Aura. Remember, the goggles of revealing can be a bit buggy, where if you move from an area with aura to one with no aura, it will continue displaying the aura value for the old location rather than displaying 0. If you log in when standing near your saplings, you'd get the most accurate info. Another troubleshooting set would be to make (or cheat in) a Hoe of Growth, and try to force a sapling to grow.

And because your title says "silverleaf", I have to check: you're using Silverwood Saplings, and not the Shimmerleaf plant, yes?

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Firemx

Firemx

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 43 posts
  • IGN:Firemx
  • Modpack:FTB Infinity

I'm relatively new to ThaumCraft 3 and am trying to create a large pure node in the middle of a town...

I've planted at least 20 saplings about a week ago (Real life week) and the chunk has been loaded almost 24 hours a day - Yet they still don't grow.

For reference: The town is in a rain forest biome and the trees are in a nice open, flat area with no other node near them.  The area also has 100+ Aura.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack
✓  Best Answer

I'd double- and triple-check that the area does have 100+ Aura. Remember, the goggles of revealing can be a bit buggy, where if you move from an area with aura to one with no aura, it will continue displaying the aura value for the old location rather than displaying 0. If you log in when standing near your saplings, you'd get the most accurate info. Another troubleshooting set would be to make (or cheat in) a Hoe of Growth, and try to force a sapling to grow.

And because your title says "silverleaf", I have to check: you're using Silverwood Saplings, and not the Shimmerleaf plant, yes?

Firemx

Firemx

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 43 posts

Sorry, yes...

It would appear the Aura is actually at 0 as I never knew of this bug...

I am using Silverwood saplings, yes. :P

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

When a Silverwood Sapling grows, it consumes 150 Vis from the local Aura, so you'll need Aura to get them to grow. I'd suggest moving a Node towards your town via Crystal Core or starting the Pure Node outside your town and growing it off another Node until it's large enough to fuel the growth of other Silverwood Trees. I'd also suggest using Crystal Clusters and possibly Crystal Capacitors to ensure that there is enough Vis at all times for your Node to grow. You can actually keep the Pure Node you're building pretty close to another Node (I'd say safe distance is maybe 15-20 blocks) without danger of having them fuse. My Pure Node currently has about 750 max Vis and is about 28 blocks from another node with 610 max Vis, and even though both are fairly large, they haven't yet fused.

That's odd that there is no Aura whatsoever. Would you happen to know 1) how large the nearest Node is and 2) how far away it is from your intended Pure Node location? Usually, lack of Aura whatsoever is only induced by moving a Node such that there is a gap in the influences of a Node, as the article on Nodes indicates that the radius of the influence of a Node in blocks equals its maximum Vis level divided by four. Since most world-generation Nodes contain several hundred Vis, there usually isn't a gap that would have no Aura at all, so this is a rare and unusual occurrence. This may also indicate that someone is moving Nodes around to their liking.

By the way, as far as I can tell, there is no advantage (Aura-wise at least) to forcing a Silverwood Sapling to grow via Hoe of Growth, as it appears to result in the same amount of Flux, draw the same amount of Vis, and simply takes less time at the cost of 150 durability to the Hoe.

Making the Node nearest to my house into a Pure Node is the task that I'm also currently working on in FTB, so I've gleaned some insight as to how best to go about it. During the process, I've also learned that you can move a Crystal Core and construct with Frames from RP2 without reverting the Crystal Core into a non-activated Core (so long as you keep moving the Crystal Core so that the Node never reaches its target) and that Node Bees don't work for jack when it comes to moving a Node around.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Firemx

Firemx

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 43 posts

The aura appears to have been depleted unfortunately.

I have started moving the pure node from the nearest node to town by continuous fusion of nodes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users