Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Industrial Electrolyzer (Gregtech) help?

Best Answer gretchgamer , 06 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

sounds more practical to just put 2 IEs down, and split the job.  Instant speed doubling at the cost of twice the power, not 4 times.  I have 4 industrial centrifuges because the operations take a while.  And there's also the option of loading stuff in and just going and doing something else for a few minutes.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Roseroar

Roseroar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Trying to overclock an Industrial Electrolyzer so it can process the bauxite faster. I have it set up so that there is a 128 EU/T line coming in to an MFE, and one single glass fiber cable out right to the IE. That guarantees it'll get it's 128 EU/T requirements and it works pretty good up to a point. I added a single overclocker upgrade and now it's giving me a "Insufficient Power " error. Some experimenting with a 512 EU/t line, a transformer upgrade, and a MFSU I can do two over clockers, any more and I get the same "Insufficient Power" error, but it doesn't seem to be going too much faster. How do I get an IE overclocked successfully? This is the FTB Ultimate Pack for 1.4.7. 

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Overclocker Upgrades work differently with GregTech. It doubles the speed of the machine, but increases its energy consumption by a factor of four (i.e. one Overclocker sends it to 512 EU/t, another to 2048, a third to 8192) making mass overclocking of GregTech machines thoroughly impractical. One or more Overclocker Upgrades will mandate a Transformer Upgrade to accompany it so that you can send your machine power via MFSU, unless you decide to feed your machine with a wall of MFEs.

Keep in mind that, with GregTech, installing upgrades on machines is permanent and there is no way to remove the upgrade from the machine without picking it up, which will destroy the upgrade. You will also need to supply a 3x-overclocked IE with 8192 EU/t (equivalent to sixteen MFSUs) or a 2x-overclocked one with 2048 EU/t. Beyond that, the power amounts become outlandish (32,768 EU/t for four overclockers, 131,072 for 5, 524,288 for 6) and the walls of MFSUs you'd need become exponentially huge.

Overclocked GregTech machines with two or more overclockers require either several MFSUs all dedicated to powering it or usage of a higher level energy storage unit, such as an Interdimensional or Adjustable Energy Storage Unit, each with the capability to output 2048 EU/p. This is offset by the outlandish cost of a single unit (one AESU requires 64 Lapotron Crystals and eight Iridium Plates, among other materials, and an IDSU requires four AESUs.) If you decide to use one of these, you will also need to use a HV-Transformer Upgrade so that your machines can accept 2048 EU/p.

Personally, I'd advise against overclocking GregTech machines, as although it doubles the speed, you lose power at four times the original rate, so unless you have a stable and high-voltage power source, it will probably run through your power supply pretty quickly. You also can't revert the machine to original state without losing the upgrades. If you do decide to overclock your machine, I'd stick with just one upgrade of each type (transformer/overclocker) and power it with a single MFSU to avoid losing a lot of resources, unless you don't find that this has much of an impact, in which case I'd advise against it entirely. Theoretically, you could use a wall of MFSUs to power a single machine, but this is thoroughly impractical, as is filling each of the MFSUs.

• ZL123 likes this

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

gretchgamer

gretchgamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

sounds more practical to just put 2 IEs down, and split the job.  Instant speed doubling at the cost of twice the power, not 4 times.  I have 4 industrial centrifuges because the operations take a while.  And there's also the option of loading stuff in and just going and doing something else for a few minutes.

Roseroar

Roseroar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Or forever in a day. I have had 5 Industrial Centrifuges turning nether rack into redstone for over a week now from a single max size roof to basement quarry of the nether for nether rack to do so. It's still going. >.< The idea was to use the Tome of Alekest to turn a chunk of the redstone into glowstone so I'd have enough of both, keep running out of glowstone. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users