Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Optifine for Infamy?

Best Answer digitallyApocalyptic , 07 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

OptiFine needs to be placed in instMods, the same folder as MinecraftForge is located in. If you're on a Windows computer, the directory is C:/Users/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/AppData/Roaming/.feedthebeast/Infamy/instMods. Also make sure you have the right version number of OptiFine for the version of Minecraft that Infamy is on.

Tips to get more FPS:

• Set your graphics to Fast.
  • Set your render distance to Tiny and work your way up from there (OptiFine also allows more granular control and also an Extreme render distance, which makes it easier to find the perfect setting)
  • Press F3, check how much RAM you are using (top-right corner of your screen.) If you are using more than about 60-70% at any given time, reduce your render distance and restart the game, then try again.
  • Make sure that, in OptiFine's settings, Custom Fonts/Colors are turned on.
  • Wherever a setting can be set to Fast or Off, set it to that and then work your way up from there until the game looks good and you're getting good FPS.

Remember that OptiFine is not a magic wand. Simply installing it will not give you noticeable results. It allows for more control over your environment, so you'll still have to set the settings so that your FPS is within an acceptable range.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

SekCbeast

SekCbeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

Hello I just started a new survival on the Infamy pack. At first I was getting around 20 fps and everything was good, but then an update came to it and my fps dropped to around 9. It is lagging alot and I tried downloading Optifine and placing it among the other mods in the Infamy folder, but it didn't work. So now I'm wondering if anybody could explain how to make it work or if there is any other way of getting higher fps? P.S I have the amount of allocated RAM set to 2 GB and my computer has 4 GB.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate
✓  Best Answer

OptiFine needs to be placed in instMods, the same folder as MinecraftForge is located in. If you're on a Windows computer, the directory is C:/Users/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/AppData/Roaming/.feedthebeast/Infamy/instMods. Also make sure you have the right version number of OptiFine for the version of Minecraft that Infamy is on.

Tips to get more FPS:

• Set your render distance to Tiny and work your way up from there (OptiFine also allows more granular control and also an Extreme render distance, which makes it easier to find the perfect setting)
  • Press F3, check how much RAM you are using (top-right corner of your screen.) If you are using more than about 60-70% at any given time, reduce your render distance and restart the game, then try again.
  • Wherever a setting can be set to Fast or Off, set it to that and then work your way up from there until the game looks good and you're getting good FPS.

Remember that OptiFine is not a magic wand. Simply installing it will not give you noticeable results. It allows for more control over your environment, so you'll still have to set the settings so that your FPS is within an acceptable range.

• SekCbeast likes this

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

SekCbeast

SekCbeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

Tips to get more FPS:

Thank you it works now. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users