Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

electrical engines and pulverizers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

IdBangMissK

IdBangMissK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Id_Bang_Miss_K
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hey, just a quick question.

I have a pulverizer setup going, and it works well save for one thing: If the electrical engines i have hooked up to it are actively charging the pulverizers, they won't actually pulverize anything until the engines are shut off. Any way to combat this or am I SOL?

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Hey, just a quick question.

I have a pulverizer setup going, and it works well save for one thing: If the electrical engines i have hooked up to it are actively charging the pulverizers, they won't actually pulverize anything until the engines are shut off. Any way to combat this or am I SOL?

Are you sure that is what is happening? Unlike IC2 and Forestry machines, thermal expansion machines will not begin work unless they have enough power in their internal buffer to complete an operation. This can lead some inexperienced players with low power setups to falsely concluded they are not working.

Perhaps having a conductive pipe (beware of explosions) or a redstone conduit as a buffer will help otherwise?

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

IdBangMissK

IdBangMissK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Are you sure that is what is happening? Unlike IC2 and Forestry machines, thermal expansion machines will not begin work unless they have enough power in their internal buffer to complete an operation. This can lead some inexperienced players with low power setups to falsely concluded they are not working.

Perhaps having a conductive pipe (beware of explosions) or a redstone conduit as a buffer will help otherwise?

Im positive that's what happen, because the pulverizer shows that it is holding a full reserve of MJ and doesn't begin working until i switch off the lever to turn off the electrical engine. I have spare redstone conduit, ill try that and update if it works or not.

IdBangMissK

IdBangMissK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

A buffer of redstone conduit worked, thanks for the help :)

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

If the Lever you were using to turn your engines on and off was also connected to your Pulverizer (e.g. via Redstone Dust or directly,) then this would cause your problem. Pulverizers and other Thermal Expansion machines by default stop working upon receiving a Redstone signal. This is intended behavior. You can configure how this behavior works in the Redstone Control tab (looks like a red tab on the right-hand side of the GUI with a redstone dust icon) such that it ignores a Redstone signal, needs to be receiving a Redstone signal or needs to not receive a Redstone signal to function properly. Simply creating space between the lever and the machines would fix the problem, but you could also combat this by changing the settings in the Redstone Control tab so that the conduits can be used for another project if so desired.

• timrem likes this

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users