Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thaumcraft Levitator help

Best Answer Iamtk421 , 22 July 2013 - 02:02 AM

I see, I thought the top and bottom ones might be fighting against each other if they were on the same shaft, but obviously that's not the case. I can't think of anything else that could cause it to not work as expected.

Another option would be to possibly look at using teleporters instead. They can work with a block above them allowing you to conceal them nicely.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Roseroar

Roseroar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Well, me and my friend both bounced on this and neither of us know what's happening. I have two levitators setup one on top of the other at the bottom of the well leading to my machine room 20 blocks below my house. I wired it so that a button will activate a state cell and that, though a NOT gate, will activate the levitators for about 7 seconds. This only works half the time. Sometimes I get all the way to the top, sometimes only half way, sometimes halfway for a few bounces then the rest of the way, and it's completely random weather or not I'll make it to the top. Is there a fix for this? This is the Ultimate pack. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-07-15_09.23.22.png

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

I'm curious, why are you wanting to turn the levitators off? What's wrong with just leaving them on all the time?

Roseroar

Roseroar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

I'm curious, why are you wanting to turn the levitators off? What's wrong with just leaving them on all the time?

What if you want to come back down? 

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Well, you could just have another adjacent shaft, one for up, one for down.

Roseroar

Roseroar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Well, you could just have another adjacent shaft, one for up, one for down.

Makes it a *little* more trickier to conceal, and if you drift into the other shaft you could find yourself suddenly floating up again. The way I have it planned, once I figure this out, is to run a red alloy wire up from the button to a second state cell that would open then a few seconds later, close the floor opening. Since Ultimate has a concealed button, use that at the top to trigger the same state cell to open, letting you jump in and down, and close the floor behind you. :D

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Interesting. I just have mine as two seperate shafts with a one block wall in between, reminiscent of the gravshafts in System Shock2.

If you're using the one shaft for both up and down, does that mean you have two at the top as well?

Levitators are designed so that ones below push you up, and ones above lower you down. If you have ones both above and below on the same shaft then I'd expect some bouncing if they're all on at the same time. You'd need to have a 7 second pulse circuit at the top and a separate one at the bottom.

If you've only got them at the bottom then you're not going to be able to use the levitators to drop down. With them all off you'd just drop normally and depending on your armor take damage / likely die.

Roseroar

Roseroar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Interesting. I just have mine as two seperate shafts with a one block wall in between, reminiscent of the gravshafts in System Shock2.

If you're using the one shaft for both up and down, does that mean you have two at the top as well?

Levitators are designed so that ones below push you up, and ones above lower you down. If you have ones both above and below on the same shaft then I'd expect some bouncing if they're all on at the same time. You'd need to have a 7 second pulse circuit at the top and a separate one at the bottom.

If you've only got them at the bottom then you're not going to be able to use the levitators to drop down. With them all off you'd just drop normally and depending on your armor take damage / likely die.

Wearing Graviplate so falling isn't a problem, wasn't a problem when I was wearing a power suit. So, no, don't have two at the top, haven't needed them. *hmm* Well, if I give up the concealing part I suppose I could put two at the top, otherwise someone coming into the house will go "Hmm, two levitators over that spot of floor, I wonder..." >.< The ceiling offers no room to conceal anything in them, not 2 or 3 levitators stacked together and the circuitry to keep them in 'float to the ground slowly' mode. 

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
✓  Best Answer

I see, I thought the top and bottom ones might be fighting against each other if they were on the same shaft, but obviously that's not the case. I can't think of anything else that could cause it to not work as expected.

Another option would be to possibly look at using teleporters instead. They can work with a block above them allowing you to conceal them nicely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users