Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

turtles have to be chared on site only, is this right

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

SURFPRIEST

SURFPRIEST

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:MrSurfpriest
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Why won't my turtle hold the charge from the charge station,,,i.e whist its plugged in i type refuel and it shows its charge however when i remove it with the pick axe from the station it has no charge in it when placed on the floor, please help any clues, i've tried removing the turtle from the station with a wrench and this did not work either, so axe it was

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

You will have to move the turtle away from the charge station via commands. Breaking a turtle or, for that matter, any other block with a pick will remove its charge. Turtles cannot be removed with a wrench or otherwise picked up so that the charge can be kept. Therefore, you must either charge a turtle on site or charge it offsite and then move it towards wherever you want it via commands.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

The majority of blocks lose their charge/liquid contents when broken, e.g. mfe/mfsu energy storage blocks, BC tanks and combustion engines, railcraft locomotives, and forestry machines with liquids.

Two of the few blocks that can retain their contents include Thermal Expansion Tanks and Redstone Energy Cells. Even then they need to be 'broken' using a sneak rightclick with a crescent hammer or omniwrench.

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Unlabeled turtles lose their charge when they are picked up, and will stack. To create a unique turtle (which will not stack, but will hold a charge even when held), assign it a label.

Place your turtle on the ground, right click it, and then tell it:

label set MyTurtleNameGoesHere

Now you can pick up your turtle and it will still have its charge the next time you place it down. Additionally, when the turtle is in your inventory, you can see the label in the tooltop, so this helps tell your turtles apart.

• ZL123, Iamtk421 and Firemx like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users