Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HELP my FTB Ultimate server crashes when i start it up!

crash server ftb ultimate HELP Please

Best Answer digitallyApocalyptic , 25 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

Please refrain from posting twice in a row on a thread per the forum rules.

It appears that you are encountering an error wherein the game is unable to edit a file that it needs to edit. Make sure that you are not viewing the folder where your server is located in Windows Explorer (or Finder if you're on a Mac) and try running your server in administrator mode (right-click on the .exe, then click "Run as administrator".)

If you are not an administrator on your computer or you are using a .jar instead of a .exe to launch your server, open the folder where the server is in. Right click on the server folder that contains all the files relevant to the server and then click Properties. Make sure that the boxes that say Hidden and Read-only are not checked, and apply the changes.

Go to the full post »

4 replies to this topic

allpro12

allpro12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:allpro12
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Every time I start my server up I get a crash report! Here is what my Serverstart.bat has in it: 

java -Xms1024M -Xmx2G -jar ftbserver.jar

Heres the crash report:

Spoiler
A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
Spoiler
PS Thanks for the help!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use spoilers when pasting stack traces.

Thanks, ~Firemx

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

It looks like a problem with the file ".\world\chickenchunks\loginTimes.dat"... try deleting that and restarting?

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
✓  Best Answer

It appears that you are encountering an error wherein the game is unable to edit a file that it needs to edit. Make sure that you are not viewing the folder where your server is located in Windows Explorer (or Finder if you're on a Mac) and try running your server in administrator mode (right-click on the .exe, then click "Run as administrator".)

If you are not an administrator on your computer or you are using a .jar instead of a .exe to launch your server, open the folder where the server is in. Right click on the server folder that contains all the files relevant to the server and then click Properties. Make sure that the boxes that say Hidden and Read-only are not checked, and apply the changes.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

allpro12

allpro12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:allpro12

Sorry im new to these forums. Also first i tried the second way you said using the folder properties. AND IT WORKS! Thank you for keeping up with the forums!

sivadmullac

sivadmullac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Blast_u_to_bits
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

i have tryed all these and i still have this prioblem :( SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crash, server, ftb, ultimate, HELP, Please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users