Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fool's Dream

3 replies to this topic

GlitchManMax

GlitchManMax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • IGN:GlitchManMax
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I know this is probably too much data for us, but could we have a thing where they would be sort of a wiki for each modpack (unmodified, of course). You'd select from a drop down list somewhere. Have I ignorantly missed it or is our current patch just  fine?

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

This would likely require separate sub-wikis, or at least a lot of parallel and duplicated documentation, as many mod packs are very similar to one another. A similar function is somewhat achievable already: you can click on a mod pack button or mod pack link from the main page to go to that pack's wiki article, which will list all the mods that are present in a mod pack, from which point you can visit those mods' articles and look things up from there.

This would also lead to a lot of incomplete wikis, as the FTB team has a tendency to release a new pack for every patch. This would mean that, in the time it takes them to release a new mod pack, we would've completed only a small portion of the articles on any given wiki for a previous patch. I also seriously doubt that many, if any, people still play Beta Pack A and similar outdated packs, so it's a fool's errand to make wikis for these.

All in all, I'd say it's a good idea at first glance, but it becomes impractical upon thinking it through.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

GlitchManMax

GlitchManMax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • IGN:GlitchManMax

That's about what I thought. Thanks for reaffirming.

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Seems like overkill. We already document which mods are in which modpack, and then for every page, we indicate which mod it's from (and sometimes which modpack), so you can more or less deduce for yourself without too much difficulty, as long as you remember that some of the things documented on our wiki are things present in some mods that may not be in your modpack (e.g. Fusion Reactor not a part of Unleashed)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users