Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Enchanting tips and tricks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

Ok so I rarely enchant, when I do it is when I have 30 levels and a book handy and I always enchant a book first, but... is this the best route?

I was looking over the enchantment article and I see some enchantment don't cap at five... would I not be able to get those with 30 levels?

What are some tips and tricks for enchanting too why not.

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

One of the downsides (unless you have an XP farm) of Enchanting with books is that they only give one enchant at a time, whereas if you enchant a tool or something, it has a chance of giving 1-4 (maybe 5?) enchants at a time.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

1) Enable Enchanting Plus (or whatever that mod is). This mod allows you to upgrade your enchanting table to one where you can select your enchantments. The enchantments tend to be a bit more expensive than usual. This table can also be used to repair enchanted items.

2) MFR introduces some really cool blocks, called the Auto-Enchanter and the Auto-Disenchanter. Of course, you'd want to set up a whole MFR system for Mob Essense, as that is what's used for the XP. The idea is, you randomly enchant a tool in the Auto-enchanter with Mob Essense (or you can enchant it yourself with normal XP). Then you disenchant each enchantment onto a book with the disenchanter. You can probably get 3 enchanted books out of each tool. I would recommend gold tools, as they have exceptional enchantability and are fairly cheap.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

One of the downsides (unless you have an XP farm) of Enchanting with books is that they only give one enchant at a time, whereas if you enchant a tool or something, it has a chance of giving 1-4 (maybe 5?) enchants at a time.

Woah seriously? I do have an xp farm on Zerocraft at the moment though, it is pretty terrible but I needed a TON of zombie brains because while trying to research golemancy I researched brain in a jar. So I guess I'll continue going the book route, but would it be better to stop at say... ten levels to try to get the other enchants like repair and recharge?

EDIT:
Also can you explain the math behind mixing enchants?
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

1) Enable Enchanting Plus (or whatever that mod is). This mod allows you to upgrade your enchanting table to one where you can select your enchantments. The enchantments tend to be a bit more expensive than usual. This table can also be used to repair enchanted items.

2) MFR introduces some really cool blocks, called the Auto-Enchanter and the Auto-Disenchanter. Of course, you'd want to set up a whole MFR system for Mob Essense, as that is what's used for the XP. The idea is, you randomly enchant a tool in the Auto-enchanter with Mob Essense (or you can enchant it yourself with normal XP). Then you disenchant each enchantment onto a book with the disenchanter. You can probably get 3 enchanted books out of each tool. I would recommend gold tools, as they have exceptional enchantability and are fairly cheap.

But you can already repair enchanted items!

I already have the Auto-Disenchanter in my house on the ZeroCraft server. That doesn't need Essence, although the Auto-Enchanter does. According to the Wiki, the Auto-Enchanter is VERY buggy, and I wouldn't recommend using it.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

I've taken a look at those bugs and upgraded the article a bit. It's still a little buggy - especially with stacks of items, but I wasn't able to reproduce any more crashing bugs in Unleashed 1.1.3 (not currently the "Recommended" version, so you'd need to select it manually).

Granted, I don't have a real server, just tried over LAN. If someone with a server wants to try it out and report back if the crashing bug is gone, that'd be much appreciated and we can remove the warning at the top of the page.

Although the stacked-book enchanting seems like a potentially serious item exploit for public SMP servers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users