Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ampz Bug?

bug crash ampz glitch fix help? server

3 replies to this topic

Bladebiffle10717

Bladebiffle10717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Modpack:FTB 1.5.2 Beta Packs

I was recently playing a Multiplayer Ampz server with my friend we went into space using Galiticraft mod. When landing back to the over world I broke the parachute chest to use it as a regular chest it went into being a regular chest, but once I placed it to use the server crashed, and when I go to load it it keeps crashing here is the crash report. If anyone could give me an idea of how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.   Here is the report:

Spoiler

Edited by ZL123, 13 August 2013 - 02:26 AM.
Spoiler-ized

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Please use spoilers 

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

when posting a (crash)log like this next time.

It looks like the Parachest is trying to cast something to a chest, but a Parachest is not of a chest type, if you know what I mean.

I've had this happen while I made my mod, but I'm not sure why. I think it's because the code was copied from the chest class, but the Parachest class didn't extend the Chest class.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, here's sort of an example.

Say you have a lot of fruits.

The apple, pear and orange are fruits, so they are of a fruit type, they 'extend' it.

The lettuce is not a fruit.

So the Parachest is not of a chest type.

I'm not that good at Java, so if someone here thinks that I'm wrong, care to explain? I was just saying what I think it was, looking at the error that's very similar to mine. :P

Also: I'm not sure you can fix it, other than maybe trying MCEdit (make sure you use version 1.7 of MCEdit or higher!) and try removing the chest.

• Bladebiffle10717 likes this

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

Bladebiffle10717

Bladebiffle10717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Okay ill look into checking that out! Sorry about the spoiler thing, new to the forums. 

Bladebiffle10717

Bladebiffle10717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
 Also: I'm not sure you can fix it, other than maybe trying MCEdit (make sure you use version 1.7 of MCEdit or higher!) and try removing the chest.

Using MCEdit worked, just had to go in a break the item that caused the crash. I'm just telling my friends now to make sure to break any of them in Creative so that they are not re-dropped. So they cannot be placed to cause anymore crashes.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, crash, ampz, glitch, fix, help?, server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users