Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Auto-resetting Sand-drop Door With "Tickets"

Best Answer Iamtk421 , 26 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

You should be able to generate a 5 second pulse using a timer and an rs latch.

Have your trigger input into the set input, and the side input/output of the timer into the reset input.

Toggling the set input of the latch pushes the output high, and lowers the input to the timer allowing it to count. 

When the timer reaches 5 seconds it pulses the reset input on the latch which drops the latch output, and keeps the reset input high, stopping the timer.

Here's a video on it: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pm5v-Bi9Sok

(You shouldn't need the pulseformer used in the video as your trigger is always going to be less than 5 seconds.)

I'm still curious why you're using a sand door, not frames/frame motors.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

QHZ

QHZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

Hi there. I am trying to make a simple, self-resetting sand-drop door which activates after a player has submitted a "ticket" (paper, which I may replace with something else) to enter the train station. I have the generic 3x3 sand-drop door working and the item detectors set up... the only problem is that the single tick given by the item detector is not long enough to deactivate the door. Also, I do not have a way for the door to automatically push the sand back up after an X amount of time. I am not good with Redstone at all, so I don't know the easy fix, which I'm sure is obvious to all of you, to get this working. I do not want to rebuild the sand and piston mechanism, so I would like the resetting part of it to be connected to the item detectors. The picture below is what I have to far:

Redstone key:

Floor

Transposer

Pistons & Sand-drop Door

Item Detectors & On/Off Switch For Door

(The signal from the item detectors have to reach the underground torch to invert the signal to off and retract the pistons.)  Supposingly, I can use state cells and one of the latches, but I don't know how to set it up.  If someone could post a picture and/or explain how to do so, I would appreciate it.   

2q245sz.jpg

RZR0

RZR0

Administrator

• Operator
  • 1980 posts
  • IGN:RZR0
  • Modpack:Private Pack

Out of curiosity... You have RedPower but you're using Redstone instead of Redstone Wire... Why is that?

QHZ

QHZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Out of curiosity... You have RedPower but you're using Redstone instead of Redstone Wire... Why is that?

No particular reason, other than laziness since I'm going to end up making this in survival.  I could use Red Alloy Wire to make it more compact, but since it will be underground, the size doesn't really matter to me.

If someone could explain how to set it up like how I explained above, I would appreciate it. 

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Out of curiosity... You have Redpower, but you're making sand doors instead of using frame motors... Why is that?

QHZ

QHZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

To get power to the torch and invert it, I will probably use Red Alloy Wire to make it easier.  With mechanisms such as the transposers, which are very close to where the output is, Red Alloy Wire doesn't really need to be used.  However, if it will make you happy, I'll probably use it when I make this in survival.   :)

I was also thinking of using timers, counters and toggle latches to do what I want, but I'm still messing around with it and don't know exactly how to set it up.  The signal has to be long enough to where all the pistons will be able to retract, and extends again in lets say 8-10 seconds after the detract signal is sent (giving the person around 5 seconds to go through the door).

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
✓  Best Answer

You should be able to generate a 5 second pulse using a timer and an rs latch.

Have your trigger input into the set input, and the side input/output of the timer into the reset input.

Toggling the set input of the latch pushes the output high, and lowers the input to the timer allowing it to count. 

When the timer reaches 5 seconds it pulses the reset input on the latch which drops the latch output, and keeps the reset input high, stopping the timer.

Here's a video on it: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pm5v-Bi9Sok

(You shouldn't need the pulseformer used in the video as your trigger is always going to be less than 5 seconds.)

I'm still curious why you're using a sand door, not frames/frame motors.

QHZ

QHZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Thank you, the door is operational in my survival word... and I used alloy wire after all.  It didn't take me long to build since it's really simple, I just get stuck for hours figuring out the simplest redstone circuits.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users