Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just came back to FTB

Unleashed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

So after a bit of a recess I've come back to FTB. Just curious if there's any really big cool changes I should know about going to unleashed from ultimate. Also perhaps some tips on how to deal without Red Power, though I guess logistic pipes are back to help with that somewhat.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

A LOT, basically.

To deal with RedPower the Extra Utilities mod has several sort of Pipes. Transfer Nodes (they attach to an inventory, pull items out and send items out if they find inventories to send the items to), Transfer Pipes (Pipes, basically), Filter Pipes (bit like Diamond Transport Pipes) and Sorting Pipes (insert items into adjacent inventories, but only if the inventories are empty or the same type of item already exists in it). If you want more space in your Filter Pipe, use an Item Filter (looks red; it's an item that you can place in the Filter Pipe). If you want your Transfer Node to go faster, use a Transfer Node Upgrade - Speed. ExtraUtils provides a whole lot more unique items/blocks, so definitely check it out.

Probably the things you'll notice first are the natural things, like World Gen and mobs. Natura has changed things quite a bit. You'll be able to find berries on the surface of the Overworld and the Nether, and you'll be able to find actual fluffy Clouds high in the sky of the Overworld, in the middle levels of the Nether and in the End. I think in later versions there are even berries for Minerals, like Aluminum Oreberry Bush! Natura also adds a lot of Trees. When you enter the Nether, there are obviously Clouds and Bushes, and along with the Firebats from Thaumcraft, there are many Nether versions of Overworld mobs: the Heatscar Spider and the Nitro Creeper, along with the vanilla Wither Skeleton. There are also passive Imps.

More natural things? Of course, Biomes O' Plenty. ExtraBiomesXL is no longer used.

Tinker's Construct! That's the mod that starts you off with a book in your hand. It'll teach you about it, but basically what it is is a mod that allows you to create awesome modular tools, and it also adds actual different tool types like the Hammer and the Excavator.

Hats! 'Nuff said.

DartCraft. It's awesome, basically. I don't know that much about it, but I know that you can create Force Infusers which are like Enchantment Tables that you can specify what enchantment you want, as long as you have the right ingredients. Check out RZR0's Block Spotlight.

That's some about some of the new mods.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Pretty much what ZL123 said, as well as: no GregTech in Unleashed.

Celestial Oblivion

Celestial Oblivion

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 409 posts
  • IGN:I_Love_Creepers
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.6 Pack

Nice, thanks for the details. And yes I realized I picked the mod pack without Gregtech (I've never gotten into it that much). 

Also FYI I had to switch to the new Direwolf, Unleashed started to crash on start up every time for some reason. :-/

Is there any good new building materials? I used to use a lot of marble and basalt in my base, I'll need to find some fairly easy to make replacements. Just scrolling through Nei it seems there's things like "Abyssal" and "Colored" bricks? Can seem to find any article on those.

Edit: Also now that Xycraft is gone, what's the best autocrafter that isn't part of Applied Energistics or equally hard to set up.

"The mind is the attribute of man. When man is born, he comes into existence with only one weapon with him- The reasoning mind."

...And his fists for punching trees.

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

I've used Ash Stone... I'm sure you can find tons more building blocks.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

badcuber

badcuber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:badcuber
  • Modpack:FTB Unleashed

Edit: Also now that Xycraft is gone, what's the best autocrafter that isn't part of Applied Energistics or equally hard to set up.

Buildcraft is sort of ghetto, but it could serve as an auto-crafting system.  However, logistics pipes and/or applied energistics are probably your best bet...

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts

Buildcraft is sort of ghetto, but it could serve as an auto-crafting system.  However, logistics pipes and/or applied energistics are probably your best bet...

You could use the Advanced Crafting Table from Buildcraft. It isn't as ghetto as the Auto-Crafting Table.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unleashed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users