Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mystcraft Linking books and creating ages.

Mystcraft linking books age ages direwolf20

Best Answer stubbkrossen , 22 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

1. I created an ink vial with 2 pieces of ink sac and a water bottle.

2. I filled up the ink mixer with the ink vial and made sure I had paper in it as well and created a link panel.

3. I combined the link panel with a piece of leather in the crafting grid and received an "unlinked linking book" with item ID:'8963'

That's how I created the unlinked linking books. Oh and when I made this post I did it step by step for each line I wrote, now I discovered that you can't link a book from a stack of unlinked linking books. You have to just have one in your hand...

So the problem solved itself now... 

I hadn't read somewhere that you have to hold an individual unlinked linking book to link it, I thought I could have it stacked and link just one... Therefore problem solved. 

Thanks for the help anyway Kahless61, you steered me in the right direction for solving the problem.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

stubbkrossen

stubbkrossen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:stubbkrossen
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

Hello!

So I am asking for help for the mystcraft mod in the direwolf20 mod package MC version 1.5.2!

So to the problem:

When I try to "use" the unlinked linking book nothing happens. As I want to create a random age as well through the book binder by adding just a blank page won't help either since no descriptive book in the binder appears. And I have do know of the link panels.

The trouble is, It seems I can't mark linking books in ages or create ages.

I have tried to put the "use" button option on another button on the keyboard instead of the right-click on the mouse. But it didn't help.

I have tried to reinstall the mod package. But it didn't help.

I have tried with using the standard texture pack, instead of soartex texture pack. But it didn't help.

I have tried to reinstall only the mod in the mod package, but it wouldn't help either...

So, there's my story!

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

It should just be: Hold unlinked book in hand, and right click. That will link it.

In older versions, a linking book was created by simply placing a book in a crafting grid.

Could you give us the steps you used to create the unlinked book?

Also, be aware that once the book is linked, it will not function unless you are in a different world/age/dimension or unless you created the linking page with the Intra-linking modifier.

stubbkrossen

stubbkrossen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:stubbkrossen
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack
✓  Best Answer

1. I created an ink vial with 2 pieces of ink sac and a water bottle.

2. I filled up the ink mixer with the ink vial and made sure I had paper in it as well and created a link panel.

3. I combined the link panel with a piece of leather in the crafting grid and received an "unlinked linking book" with item ID:'8963'

That's how I created the unlinked linking books. Oh and when I made this post I did it step by step for each line I wrote, now I discovered that you can't link a book from a stack of unlinked linking books. You have to just have one in your hand...

So the problem solved itself now... 

I hadn't read somewhere that you have to hold an individual unlinked linking book to link it, I thought I could have it stacked and link just one... Therefore problem solved. 

Thanks for the help anyway Kahless61, you steered me in the right direction for solving the problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mystcraft, linking books, age, ages, direwolf20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users