Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Changes in mod content between modpacks.

3 replies to this topic

Caelumito

Caelumito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

How is changes in a mod's content between modpacks being handled? I do not mean changes in mod content as in items added, but rather rebalancing.

For example, in Direwolf20 Forestry 2.0.0.11 is used, and in Direwolf20 1.5 Forestry 2.2.8.4 is used. Between these to relseases the amount of seed oil gained from squeezing seed was rebalanced (reduced from 0.02 seed oil to 0.01 seed oil per seed in about version 2.2.0.0).

From my understanding this wiki split off from the wikia wiki, which is staying "classic"  meaning they are staying current with older verison. I was told this from felinoel an admin for the FTB wikia wiki.

Thanks

Cael

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

We generally record the information for both versions, indicating for which version of Minecraft the data applies to. For instance, with the addition of nether quartz in Minecraft 1.5, the ME Cable recipe was changed; we have both recipes, under separate subheadings. For the most part, all the packs running on 1.4.7 (Ultimate, DW20 classic, Mindcrack) use the same mod versions as each other, and the 1.5 packs (Unleashed, Unhinged, DW20 1.5) use the same mod versions as each other, so we just specify the Minecraft version the difference applies to rather than listing packs.

Edit: Fixed link.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest
Or at least we try to.

If you see something missing always be sure to add it.
Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

Caelumito

Caelumito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

Okay thanks. Seeing as I will only be editing for DW20 1.5 items, I will work under the assumption that all MC 1.5 modpacks have the same mod version unless otherwise stated. I just wanted to check before I dove in.

Also bad link, but that is a moot point now since I just searched it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users