Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Create a fully customized ModPack with partially enabled mods - possible?

5 replies to this topic

Thaxllssillyia

Thaxllssillyia

refuse collector

• Retired Staff
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • IGN:Thaxllssillyia
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Hello Wikimembers,

first - sorry for my English.

I'm intend to create a modPack for some friends to play with. We want a modpack, that provides support for the latest Vanilla-Version (maybe the upcoming 1.7) with additional blocks from various mods. For example:

- Microblocks from RedPower 2
- Some Thaumcraft Stuff (Golems, Elevators)
- Mystcraft's Linked Books
- Mining Turtles
- NEI
- VoxelMap
- Twilight Forest

What we don't want is:

- machines or energy like EU/MJ and all energy-related blocks (jetpacks, energy-armors, etc.)

- complex logic like gates or Tubes

The intention is to play in a vanilla-like world in survival mode to create cool buildings. But we don't want to miss some cool things from FTB-mods like Microblocks, but don't want the Machines and Energy stuff.

For example RedPower 2: Microblocks are very cool, but we don't want Blutricity or the Logic Blocks. It is possible to deactivate the one half of a mod?

I hope you understand my intention. Thanks for help.

Felix

Developer (C#), Progressive Drummer
Fan of Gavin Harrison, best drummer ever:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XUA_n04C1bs

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I'm not sure RedPower 2 will be updated at all, but if you want Microblocks...

• Get Forge Multipart or
  • IF RedPower 2 gets updated, I think RedPower 2 is technically a few mods together, like RedPower 2 World and RedPower 2 Factory and such. Microblocks should be in one of those mods, and you can delete the others. It's a bit of a hassle though.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

For many mods, it's not possible to cherry-pick which parts you include (you either have Thaumcraft, or you don't). The easiest way to get the experience you're looking for, in my opinion, would be simply to not use those things you don't want. Obviously, you don't need any of IC2/BuildCraft/MFR since they're all tech-focused. But if you wanted, for instance, the Grind Stone from Applied Energistics, I believe you'd have to add the whole mod. Nothing forces you to use AE for your storage, though.

Also, ZL123 is right about RedPower: there's no evidence that it will be updated any time soon, so you'll want to use Forge Multipart instead for microblocks.

Beyond that, you'll have to:

1. Go to each mod's website/forum thread and download the appropriate version of the mod for the version of Minecraft you choose (you'll have to wait for mods to update if you plan to play on MC 1.7)
  2. Install Forge and add all your mods appropriately (Direwolf20 has a good tutorial video on how to do this here)
  3. The 'fun' part: resolve any ID conflicts between mods

Each of your friends will then have to do the same, since most likely the copyright agreement for at least one of the mods you choose will prohibit unauthorized distribution. The configs you should be allowed to share, but sending the whole pack to someone would be illegal.

Disclaimer: None of this is from personal experience, rather it's from reading and watching videos on the subject. The most I've done is Enable/Disable some mods in the Unleashed pack using the FTB launcher.

• ViperSRT3g likes this

Thaxllssillyia

Thaxllssillyia

refuse collector

• Retired Staff
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • IGN:Thaxllssillyia
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

Thanks for the replies.

I think the best way is to include the wohle mod, too. Is there any possibility to disable blocks independent of the mod by ID (maybe a global setting file)? Another suggestion is to disable it only for NEI, so that the block is just not visible client-side.

Developer (C#), Progressive Drummer
Fan of Gavin Harrison, best drummer ever:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XUA_n04C1bs

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Back when I ran a small vanilla Bukkit server, there was a plugin that allowed you to forbid specified items from being placed. How well Bukkit works with FTB, however, I have no idea.

Iamtk421

Iamtk421

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Modpack:MindCrack Pack

MCPC+ is a bukkit/forge server and I've been using it to run the mindcrack pack without issue for a while.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users