Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Giant holes in world.

2 replies to this topic

Worgslarg

Worgslarg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Modpack:YogCraft Modpack

Long story short: I recently started playing the yogcraft pack, but in every world i create, I get giant holes in my world, and F3+ a, relogging ,rebooting do nothing.

Screenshots below.

Spoiler

Any help would be appreciated.

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

Do these act like the common desync world holes, where you bounce about when you try to walk into it, and placing blocks is strange?

Or are these proper world holes, where you fall into the void, and placing blocks acts as if there's truly nothing there?

Edit: More information that could be helpful: System specs (memory, java version, etc), and: does this happen with other FTB modpacks.

TheDawgMiner

TheDawgMiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:TheDawgMiner
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 Pack

Just a thing i noticed as an side effect of using MCEdit I found that MIGHT help you fix your world. 

In MCedit if you paste even one block into an unloaded chunk it can cause the whole chunk not to form. My guess is this can happen if something like lava, water or even a mob was in "the hole" when you logged off at some point.

My "fix" would be to load your world into a world editor, copy the good chunks to a file, use your same SEED # to make a New world, then in both worlds make some sort of Landmark at the exact same x,y,z so it can be seen above trees ect, which will help with lining up pasting you "old Chunks" to the new map. 

Tips: make sure you check copy air, water & biome so you don't lose tunnels or have trees in your buildings lol

Another thing you can do as "back-up" and might be more use: make the new map in creative mode and use a macro program & the /tp command to tp you 500 blocks or so every couple minutes, you can cover alot of map real fast that way then save the level.dat file as backup. you can copy from the "creative" version and paste it into to missing chunks of your non-creative world. 

there are Pruning & repopulate options but you might get a 1 chunk extreme hills in the middle of your swamp,...

I'm no expert on editors, I just know how I fix my issues like yours

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users