Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unhinged Modpack - Tool Crafting not working.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Kaivos

Kaivos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Modpack:YogCraft Modpack

Recently I played the Feed The Beast Modpack "Unhinged".

While most things are working fine I noticed I can't craft tools such as: Iron Pickaxes, Bronze Pickaxes, Iron Axes, and Bronze Axes.

I also noticed that when I try to make wood planks from any type of log, I only get two planks instead of the typical 4.

The same applies when I try to craft sticks.

If anyone has some tips that could help I would be very appreciative, or for those who made the Modpack they could look into this.

-Thanks

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

What you're seeing is GregTech at work, those are all features of the mod. I don't have much to say beyond that; I prefer Unleashed because it doesn't have those 'balance' tweaks. I'd say to look up the new recipes for the pickaxes in NEI, but as I understand it, Unhinged doesn't even include that mod.

• ZL123 likes this

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I think Iron Pickaxes require Iron Plates, a Hammer of some sort and a... File or a Lathe I think...

I can't seem to find any real sources of information on Google.

Looks like NEI is on Unhinged, according to this page.

Just look it up on NEI, and maybe post what that other tool is, just out of curiosity. :P

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

All of the balance tweaks that you mentioned are 100% intentional on the part of the mod pack maker, GregoriousT. He designed this mod pack and coded GregTech, the mod which implements many of the balance changes. You can probably modify this if you're willing to delve into Greg's lengthy and under-documented config files; good luck with that, though :/

To make any metal tools, you will require a Hammer and a File. You will also require plates of whichever particular ingot type you are using to make the tool, which can be made with Hammers at a 2:1 ratio or with a Plate Bending Machine at a 1:1 ratio. To make a Pickaxe, it would require two ingots, a plate and two sticks. Hammers and Files are not used up in the crafting and have different durabilities depending on what material you create them out of, with 8 durability being used per tool, plate or rod crafting.

To make a pickaxe, I believe it's:

P  I  I

H S F

X S X

where P is a plate of any ingot type

I is an ingot of the same ingot type as the plate

H is a hammer of any type, excepting Rubber

F is a file of any type

S is a wooden stick

and X is an empty slot.

I'm not 100% sure on the exact recipe, so you'll probably want to use NEI to figure that out. However, I am certain that you will need hammers, files and plates to make all tools in the Unhinged pack; there's no way around this, unfortunately, so you will have to continually make hammers and files if you need to continually make metal pickaxes.

My advice? Make a drill, add TConstruct, or be very, very conservative of your metal pickaxes.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users