Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vanilla-changing Mods Article?

7 replies to this topic

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Modpack:FTB Ultimate

A lot of times, a user will run into a miscellaneous change to vanilla behavior, and wonder which mod is causing it. I think it would be nice to have a centralized easy-to-find article that documents these.

A few examples:

Beehives - Forestry

Nyan Cat Splash - Portal Gun Mod (I think)

Floating Islands in 1.1.4+ - Tinker's Construct

Levels and Hunger mostly kept on death - Tinker's Construct

Mobs *spawn* wearing your equipment - Unknown (JadedCat doesn't know about it, so it's none of her mods). Note that often people will notice mobs wearing power armor, nano armor, or quantum armor and think that it's a bug in those mods for not blacklisting their armor, when they actually did, and the player doesn't realize that the mob is wearing the same armor that they or a nearby player are. I discovered it because I always wear assorted armor and found it on a zombie pigman, wielding my fairly unique TiC shovel.

This is especially useful for things you can't simply pick up, read the block name of, and then punch it into the wiki searchbar.

digitallyApocalyptic

digitallyApocalyptic

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts
  • IGN:GameStopper

The nyan cat splash is actually VoxelMenu.

My username is digitallyApocalyptic. I contribute where I can on the wiki and I've previously built pretty much the entirety of Category:Twilight Forest. I play FTB Ultimate, some games on Steam, and I follow MS Paint Adventures.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

How would we know what to include in the article?

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I think it would be pretty much anything that:

* Changes vanilla behavior

* Does not have an easily-identifiable name or a slightly more generic name that can easily be looked up (such as the new villagers, which you could find on the "Villager" page - which we should have anyways even though we currently don't)

Things that would be obviously excluded from this list:

* Craftables

* Individual items found in loot chests, since you can look up their name (although perhaps a link to a page explaining changes to dungeon loot)

* Ores, since you can mine them, see the ore/ingot name, and look it up

* Individual biomes, since you can F3 and look up their name

Whenever we come across something that matches that criteria, we stick it on the page.

felinoel

felinoel

Steampunk Alchemist

• Administrators
  • 3860 posts
  • IGN:felinoel
  • Modpack:FTB Mage Quest

I think it would be pretty much anything that:

* Changes vanilla behavior

* Does not have an easily-identifiable name or a slightly more generic name that can easily be looked up (such as the new villagers, which you could find on the "Villager" page - which we should have anyways even though we currently don't)

Things that would be obviously excluded from this list:

* Craftables

* Individual items found in loot chests, since you can look up their name (although perhaps a link to a page explaining changes to dungeon loot)

* Ores, since you can mine them, see the ore/ingot name, and look it up

* Individual biomes, since you can F3 and look up their name

Whenever we come across something that matches that criteria, we stick it on the page.

Ok, that second rule is key but that first one could be applied to anything...?

Watch all of my different Let's Play series, Minecraft and more!
player.me/felinoel

We need to make default article pages! Discuss their designs here!

xfritz5375

xfritz5375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • IGN:xfritz5375
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.5 Pack

I'm not sure which mod but in Magic Farm there is a mod that completely changes hunger.

ostPavel

ostPavel

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1013 posts
  • IGN:ostPavel
  • Modpack:Private Pack

I'm not sure which mod but in Magic Farm there is a mod that completely changes hunger.

http://ftbwiki.org/HungerOverhaul

My contributions || Herp derp || Out of order

Kahless61

Kahless61

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

@felinoel: correct. It would need to meet both criteria. The first rule is mainly there just to emphasize that the page would not be used to document vanilla behavior - especially newer behavior, such as the ability for undead mobs to wear armor, or chickens and pigs no longer responding to wheat.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users