Welcome to FTB Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rubber Tree Farm

1 reply to this topic

ZL123

ZL123

Me.

• Administrators
  • 2079 posts
  • Location:Not somewhere where people say a fake location to try to be funny
  • IGN:ZL123
  • Modpack:Private Pack

So I've been trying to create a rubber tree farm using Planters and Harvesters from MFR, but I never seem to get a surplus of saplings. I've tried the MultiFarm from Forestry for this purpose before, but that's worse I think (often it doesn't tear down a lot of the leaves, so saplings just fall onto the thing). I've done Steve's Carts for ordinary Oak Wood Trees, but not for Rubber Trees. I don't think it'll be much of a difference though.

Ideas?

Also, is there an Automatic Treetap block that can automatically tap my trees? That'll be very handy. I know there used to be one from older versions of Forestry.

-ZL123
Hope I helped!

YT: http://youtube.com/ZL234
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZL234

timrem

timrem

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • Modpack:Direwolf20 1.7 Pack

For acquiring sticky resin, I use the multifarm from Forestry. With the proper circuit board installed (I believe it requires the rubber cathode tubes used in Manual mode), it will tap the resin spots on the rubber trees whenever they regenerate. I also use the bug that allows Portal Guns to pick up the resin-bearing logs so that only those are on the multifarm, after growing the rubber trees manually.

In arboretum mode, though, the multifarm should still pick up saplings which fall onto it as leaves decay. At least, it works that way with Forestry trees.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users