←  General FTB Discussion

FTB Forums

»

Infinite XP

Hippieshaman's Photo Hippieshaman 16 Feb 2013

Here is an easy way to get infinite XP:

1. Smelt Iron Ingots into Refined Iron, you get XP when you take the Refined Iron out (doesn't work if you hold down shift and click them out)
  2. Macerate the Refined Iron into Iron Dust
  3. Smelt the Iron Dust into Iron Ingots
  4. Repeat as many times as you want

ZER0-0's Photo ZER0-0 16 Feb 2013

This isnt quite as effective as a turtle/soul shards/brain in a jar xp farm, but cool idea.

This isnt quite as effective as a turtle/soul shards/brain in a jar xp farm, but cool idea.

True, but this method requires very little machinery, filling up a soul shard takes a while.

ZER0-0's Photo ZER0-0 16 Feb 2013

It does require constant EU, though. And, if you find some blaze spawners, you can use them to level up, plus they drop double exp.

It does require constant EU, though. And, if you find some blaze spawners, you can use them to level up, plus they drop double exp.

Yes, but EU is not an issue when you get a few solar panels.

Archina's Photo Archina 16 Feb 2013

I's say the only downside is that it's manual without the use of an infernal furnace (Which would create crazy amounts of flux if used in an automated fashion.) Then just add a few brain jars below it and come back to it whenever needed. Yet as said, even with the IF it's be quite slow. I'd only use it as a temporary way to get exp until I made a turtle XP farm.

TheLaw's Photo TheLaw 17 Feb 2013

Just use vanilla spawners and move em with portal guns.

ZER0-0's Photo ZER0-0 17 Feb 2013

Well, you can turn vanilla spawners into soul shards, which at the higher levels are faster and dont require light or closeness to the player.

ostPavel's Photo ostPavel 17 Feb 2013

You can make it a bit easier with gold.

Gold dust -> Gold Ingot -> Get exp -> Gold dust

No need to smelt it twice unlike iron (to get refined iron)

Plus gold gives more xp than refined iron afaik.

Oh and thanks for this method btw!

Fast Reply